About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #17 – TV Works and More Form-Setting


 

Friday, February 2nd, 2018…...  We didn’t wait for Tim & Dana to show up this morning.  We had a slight time crunch.  We took off to go to Walmart in Albany to get that tv.  We then stopped at Shirley May’s for breakfast before heading home.  We needed to get back before 10:00am so Penny and Lydia could head off to a quilt show in Albany. We had enough time for Lydia to help me carry in the tv. I was able to get the hookups done in a few minutes. But guess what?  This one wasn’t working either!  I tried everything (or so I thought – read on) – still no sound.  I had sound on the smart tv apps like Netflix, Vudu, Amazon, You Tube, etc. Just nothing from the Directv box.  So before calling Hisense, I called Directv. We went through a few steps, most of which I had tried already, but then she asked me if I refreshed the receiver.  Duuuhhh!  That was my problem, both for this tv and the one we returned yesterday!  It works great now and we’re happy.  I then took off to Albany again, this time to get rock salt from Home Depot.  I also decided to take three of the seven bags of plastic bottles I have saved for recycle.  Walmart has a couple of recycling machines outside their store here in Lebanon but I don’t like that they are always busy. I had been to one in Albany that I liked better so I went there.  Even though you have to put one item in at a time, I got through the three bags pretty quickly. I ended up with $42.30!  Plus, I still have four bags left!  I got home and got the rock salt bags put away and was out talking with Tim & Dana when Lydia got back from the quilt show.  She went in and checked out her room. She sure likes her new tv!  So, now we have one more to buy for the guest room.  I will take the old one we have in there now and put it in my shop. Meanwhile, the McCravens got a lot done today. The worksite looks better and better as they get going.  This is a shot at the end of Day 5…..



Saturday, February 3rd, 2018……  Tim told me yesterday they are working today.  But Dana said they had things to do Saturday, one of which was an archery club banquet.  Guess who won!  So, nothing today. We spent the day (ok, only a few minutes) working around the house.  We’re working on a wedding wall.  We already have two frames with photos of Randy and Maryanne. Lydia went to Walgreens to print the last photo (from her cell phone) from Jeff and Krista’s recent wedding.  She mounted several pictures in two frames and I hung those four and that was about it for the day.  I did spend some time searching through my home papers.  I’m missing a receipt from the kitchen remodel we did last year in Calif.  I need all of our home improvement receipts/totals for taxes when we get ready to do those in the next few weeks. I have everything ready except for that one receipt.  I’m sure it’s around somewhere….
Lydia met Penny at the local Safeway to get things for our Super Bowl snacks and for dinner. We had a quiet night just watching our taped tv shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment