About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #25 – First Snow!


  

Sunday, February 18th, 2018…...  Weird day!  We heard last night that the weather was going to be turning colder, and this next storm might bring a little snow to the Portland area.  They showed the road commission getting ready with chemicals, sand and even salt because they expected it to be bad in the city.  Our forecast called for snow as well.  We woke up and Lydia wasn’t feeling well.  She had the chills but no fever.  She got sick to her stomach.  I wasn’t feeling all that well myself.  She said she had some bread that didn’t smell right.  It was buttermilk bread, so it just smelled like buttermilk to me. Maybe it was something else we ate.  My sister texted that it was starting to snow at her place.  We got just a small amount here but a little bit later it came down pretty good.  But it was only just making the ground and then melting.  Nothing stuck.  She brought Quincy over later and walked her and then went in and sat with Lydia for a while.  Eventually Lydia said she felt a little better and got dressed. And I managed to eat a bit and I felt better as well.  Meanwhile, the snow would stop and then start.  Again, nothing stuck.  





Penny left and we settled in to watch our taped tv shows. Later, the sun came out.  Then a few minutes later it clouded up and then snowed again!  We watched as this went on almost all day.  We also got small bb size hail that stayed on the ground and turned things white.  My grass is so thick now that you could barely see it snowed.  The white stuff showed up only in the flower beds. The Portland area news stations showed that they got way more than we got.  There were cars sliding around in what they said was 2-3” of snow.  We’re a little over a hundred miles south of Portland and our valley here didn’t see any of that at all.  But because it’s colder and we got the hail later in the day, it stayed in the flower beds for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. We had a combo of snow and rain on Saturday so by Sunday morning all the snow we got was gone due to rain. We are in for a week of rain now. It is warming up.

    ReplyDelete