About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #24 – Doggie Duty Continues and so Does the Rain


 

Friday, February 16th, 2018…...  Didn’t have doggie duty today so we slept in a bit.  I showered and was eating breakfast when my sister texted saying she was coming over and could I walk Quincy.  Sure.  I met them outside and took that excited puppy out for her walk! When we got back I fed her her breakfast and the girls visited and then I went in and watched the Olympics and the news. They are still talking about the Parkland Fl. Valentine’s Day school shooting. Sad day… The rains are hit and miss today, but it’s not enough to stop us from grocery shopping. We headed off to Walmart to do our big grocery shopping trip, getting what we needed that we didn’t buy in bulk from Costco the other day. Once that was done and everything put away we each had lunch and then it was relaxing time and more Olympics. Also watched Nascar racing.  The Camping World Series trucks raced today, Xfinity Series cars tomorrow and the Monster Energy Series Cup cars in the Daytona 500 is Sunday.  Bout time!  Come dinner time, neither of us was really hungry so Lydia fixed grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and salad for us for a light dinner. Then it was tv and then bed.

Saturday, February 17th, 2018……  My sister texted me that she was coming over to walk Quincy this morning.  Problem was I didn’t get the text until she was here and gone! We were just getting up and getting ready for the day when she came and went. Our bedroom is on the opposite side of the house from the driveway and garage, so we don’t hear cars pull up. But she did come back later to visit with us.  Good to see that she’s feeling well enough to get out for a bit. The weather is still iffy.  It rained a bit early this morning but cleared up for a while, then sprinkled again for a few hours, then the sun came out for a few hours, then it clouded up again. Repeat for the afternoon and evening. That was our day! We didn’t leave the house today. All we did was hang around and clean up a bit and watch tv a bit.  Oh yeah, I paid bills! Yuuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment