About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, February 23, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #27 – Doing Chores and Some Real Snow!


 

Wednesday, February 21st, 2018…...  We didn’t have any plans today but we both got up early for some reason.  Guess we both slept well last night.  No snow but it was in the low 30s this morning.  We get Portland feed via our DirecTV and they reported that they have several inches of snow up there.  We’re watching the scenes where they are putting de-icers and sand on the roads and going out and righting trucks that have flipped on their sides. I’m glad we don’t live up there! Our forecast is for more cold weather and maybe a snow flurry in the next couple of days then a warm up for a few days after that - but we’ll see….
My sister came over for me to walk Quincy.  Her day out yesterday was hard on her sore knee so I took Quince out for a run/walk. She’s found a few active mice areas out by the construction site so she’s hunting for them. Penny visited for a while then left to take Quincy home.  We had talked weeks ago about rearranging our master bedroom furniture. So I measured the bedroom set to see if it would fit on the opposite wall. Yes, it will but we will need to get the DirecTV cable re-routed under the house before we can move the furniture. So that’s on hold for now. We hung around the house today and Lydia did some more laundry and I vacuumed the carpets and dusted the floors. The rest of the day we just rested, ate dinner, and kicked back and watched tv. The Olympics are winding down and most of the medals will be awarded in the next few days. USA had been lacking in medals but we have never been the winter powerhouse that the Nordic countries are. But things are getting better as we near the end.  The US is gaining now!   


Thursday, February 22nd, 2018……  This is what we woke up to this morning at 7:30am!



The weather finally caught up with the forecasts! This was about ½” of snow.  The temperature is now 34º so it’s not too bad out there. Lydia went out and took some pictures for Facebook 




and I went out later and brought in the trash cans. It wasn’t too bad at all.  The sun came out about 10:30am and the snow went away pretty quickly and was completely gone by noon!  We had to take Lydia’s lab sample to the hospital and then we needed to get a prescription filled.  We stopped at my sister’s house and I did a few small chores for her and then we talked about her surgery/chemo/radiation/reconstruction schedule. Lot’s to take in!  But she’s doing well and is ready for it all. We stopped and got the prescription and then lunch and headed home for the day. No dinner, just taped tv shows and the Olympics until bedtime.     

No comments:

Post a Comment