About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #28 – A Shopping Trip and More Laundry


 

Friday, February 23rd, 2018…...  No snow today but its cold!  Even so, we decided to go to breakfast.  I texted my sister and she brought Quincy over here to walk her while Lydia was getting ready.  We left and headed by Kevin’s because I got a text saying they were open. I guess it was someone wishing they were open because they are still closed!  So, we drove on out to Shirley May’s and ate there.  We had discussed going back to Kmart soon because we each got a $10. gift card to spend there starting today.  We decided that since we were out, and we both had our cards with us, why not go now!  We headed over to Corvallis and Kmart and shopped.  I found boots there on my last trip and they were still there today.  I also got another charging cord for our cell phones. We drove back through Albany so Penny could look at light fixtures for her porch and on each side of her garage doors.  She wants these to be on sensors to go on and off at dusk and dawn. We continued on to Home Depot to see what they had.  She found fixtures she liked but none that had sensors.  She decided on three and bought sensor bulbs for each.  I get the job to install them!  We returned home and she took Quincy home so they could rest up from the day. Later, Lydia and I fixed chicken tacos for dinner and settled in for the evening.    


Saturday, February 24th, 2018……  Today was rainy, on and off.  Weather is strange up here – it will cloud up and rain, then the sun will come out for 10-20 minutes, then it will cloud up and rain. We’ve seen this pattern now for awhile so we’re getting used to it so we decided to go to Walmart for a few things.  Same story – we went in it was sunny and warm, we came out it was raining, we get home it’s sunny and warm again. But it was still too unpredictable to work outside installing Penny's lights so that’s on hold until Monday. So, we settled in to watch the Olympics. Ok, I did – Lydia hasn’t watched too much of it this year. She finished up some of the laundry while watching some of her taped shows. Then it was dinner and more tv til bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment