About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #16 – Work Goes On and a New TV



 

Wednesday, January 31st, 2018…...  We got up early expecting the crew to show up early too since the weather was really nice.  They work ‘Oregon Time’ so it was 3:00pm before they got here.  Turns out Tim spent a lot of time prefabbing the forms in his shop both yesterday and today. But when they did get here, they used their transom and got the grade shot and made sure everything would be level and then they got that first form set. This was Day 3.



Not sure yet when the rest of it will be worked on.  We left before that to head to Coburg Pizza for dinner.  Both sis and I had scratchers plus she had her birthday coupon good for a free pizza. My scratcher got us a free dessert pizza so we had a nice meal.    

Thursday, February 1st, 2018……  Day 4.  This morning we got up early again, expecting them back early too. They got here about 9:30 (not too bad) and got going.  The pictures don’t show it, but I think it was a productive day.  The rest of the forms on the trailer should go in tomorrow.




While they were working, we decided to go get Lydia a new tv for her craft room.  I had been researching them and knew the ones I didn’t want.  I liked the reviews on the Hisense 4k Smart tv and the 55” was on sale at Walmart ($378.) so we went and got one.  We got it all hooked up but discovered that I couldn’t get the sound working.  I ended up calling their customer support line and we worked it through the steps and only got the dvd player to work through its own cords.  Still no sound from the Directv box.  He wanted to set up a house call to sort it out but that would be next week.  He said we could always take it back so we did that.  The local Walmart only had this one in stock so we got our money back and will go tomorrow to the Albany Walmart to see if they have any.  Fun stuff!    

No comments:

Post a Comment