About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, February 16, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #23 – Valentine’s Day, more Visitors, and a Dr’s. Visit


 

Wednesday, February 14th, 2018…...   HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!!                     
Still no word on the concrete pour….  They couldn’t do it today anyway.  We had a bit of rain last night. That only delays the concrete truck’s schedule. Bummer!
I got up and walked Quincy (and ran her too!) and it was nice and dry.  But just after I got out of the shower and got dressed, it started to rain.  It was a steady, but really light drizzle.  It only lasted a short time and then the skies cleared up for a while.  Not sunny but no more rain. So today was just about taking care of business and then relaxing for the day.  I fed the Quinzinator her breakfast and we ate ours and then got ready for the day.  Our friends from Calif., Paul and Alice, are up here visiting their son who lives in Yamhill, just outside of Portland.  Paul and Alice are thinking about moving up here and wanted to go look at properties in Roseburg (which is about 112 miles south of us).  They have a meeting today with an agent and called us enroute, saying they wanted to stop by for a visit on their way down. It was really nice to see them and we had a nice visit and they said they really liked our place. They left on their way and later we set out to Albany to go to Kohl’s and then to Costco (since they are real close to each other). We did some shopping there and headed home.  We stopped at Safeway where Lydia picked up some fresh scallops for dinner.  Plans tonight are relaxed.  Just dinner and tv.  Maybe a little wine….    


Thursday, February 15th, 2018……  We wanted to sleep in this morning, but we had things to do.  I got up before dawn (6:30am) and got dressed and walked Quincy. Lydia had her first appointment with her new nephrologist this morning.  She got ready while I fed Quince and then we took off to find the office building in Corvallis.  I went in with her to the drs. office waiting room and then when she went in to the room I left to go sit in the car.  I did drive around the complex just to see what it had.  This is the Samaritan Regional Hospital and the place is huge!  I made the loop and got back to the ancillary office and parked.  She got done and came out and found me outside and we headed home.  I walked Quincy and texted my sister that we were home.  She was feeling better and came over to visit and to pick up her puppy. After she left, we hung around the house and rested. Lydia said she didn’t sleep too much last night so she napped and I watched a bit of the Olympics.    

No comments:

Post a Comment