About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, February 9, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #20 – Doggie Duty and More Visitors


Thursday, February 8th, 2018…...  This morning I had doggie duty.  My sister had a chemo treatment and brought Quince over early.  Penny headed out and Quincy and I finished her walk and brought her in and fed her breakfast.  Then I took off to get my breakfast.  Shortly after I returned, the McCravens arrived here and got to work on the pad. Before the end of the day, they got everything done up to the point of calling in for the inspection ok to pour the concrete.  I’m told the inspector is due out here sometime tomorrow morning. Of course, we’re dealing in ‘Oregon time’ so we’ll see.   Lydia did another round of weeding although she has run into an area that was apparently missed by the weedkiller sprayed last year so she didn’t make too much progress. Meanwhile I took Quincy out to the back of the property and spent some time re-staking a post so I could tie back the large leaf maple tree that Walt had planted there two years ago.  He staked it because it was leaning and then the last wind we had broke the string.  So I roped it and it’s good to go now. 

End of Day 9……



Friday, February 9th, 2018……  Today there was no action on the job site.  The inspector came about 3:00pm and signed off on everything with no issues.  Tim & Dana got here just before he did so they just did a little cleanup and we talked for a while until the guy pulled up. After he was done, they left to get more supplies for the next phase after concrete.  They said we are on the schedule but they don’t have an exact date due to the fact that when the weather is nice the concrete companies are working on the backed-up jobs in order.  Sometime next week is when they are expecting them to show up. Meanwhile, we spent the day working around the house.  I put some more robe hooks up in the master closet and then picked up a bit in the motorhome. We also did a final sort of all of the items we had put aside for donation to Goodwill.  My sister came by and took a few items before we loaded them in the truck and I dropped them off. Later, she came back with her good friends from SoCal - Diane, Merrilyn, and Danette - who came up to visit for a few days. We gave them a tour and visited for awhile before they left to go back to Penny’s home and get some rest from their trip. We went out and picked up some fast food and came back and watched the opening Olympic ceremonies and settled in for the evening. 

End of Day 10.....



No comments:

Post a Comment