About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, February 12, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #21 – Touring Oregon and Olympics and Nascar!


 

Saturday, February 10th, 2018…...  No work on the rv garage site today. Not sure of the date yet for the concrete pour.  The weather is nice and sunny, with a few clouds.  Temps are down though – into the low 50s.  We ate breakfast and then got a text from sis asking if we wanted to go to breakfast and then to the Farmer’s Market.  She found that the one in Corvallis doesn’t close for the season – but rather just moves indoors.  So they ended up eating at home and we picked them up and headed out to the Linn Benton Fairgrounds in Corvallis.  Of course we didn’t see any tomatoes or such, but they had squash, all kinds of greens, and some potatoes.  We bought some giant carrots.  Penny, and the girls spent more time shopping than we did but it was still fun for all.  Afterwards, we toured Corvallis and then drove to Albany to Loafers Bar & Grill for lunch.  Turns out it was linner because we filled up on burgers and hoagies and all the trimmings. We brought leftovers back to Penny’s and then we drove out to Sweet Home and then on to Foster Lake.  On the way back, we stopped at A&W for root beer floats. Thanks Penny! Once back at her place, we visited for a while and then headed home for the evening.

Sunday, February 11th, 2018……  Today, being Sunday, was a lounge around day for us.  Penny and the girls didn’t do much either. She is feeling ok but after yesterday’s adventure, her knee is swollen and she can’t put weight on it. So, everyone stayed around our houses and watched tv and rested.  I am watching the Olympics and enjoy it very much although some of the events don’t interest me at that much.  I’m not into figure skating or curling although I do appreciate the talent that these competitors have. When we visited the Olympic training center in Colorado Springs in 2016 we saw how much training these folks put in to be the best the US can provide! Watching the games feels special because we got that inside look into their dedication and training. While the United States sends a large delegation to the winter games, we seem to struggle against the Nordic countries and do not do as well as in the summer games. But it’s still fun to watch as they only compete every four years.  On another note, for me, I am happy because Nascar is back for the 2018 season!  The cars got on the track at Daytona for practice and then qualifying and then ran a no-points warm-up race today.  There are five points races coming up in the next week. I’m happy!       

No comments:

Post a Comment