About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #19 – Rebar, Yard Work, and Surgery Update



Tuesday, February 6th, 2018…...  This morning we woke up to a cooler but beautiful day.  It’s been in the 60’s during the day and that’s good for the garage work.  Today we got a gravel delivery and they got the back half of the garage packed and rebar laid down there.  The next load of rock comes tomorrow morning and I think they will have all of the rebar done then.

End of Day 7……



Meanwhile, Lydia worked pulling weeds in one of the front yard flower beds, this one closest to the driveway.  I got the job of picking up after her but we got ‘er done! While she was doing that, I took the tv out of the guest room and installed it in my shop.  It’s the right size and fits right into the space I made in the corner of the shop and it’s the oldest big screen tv we have so I won’t worry too much if something happens to it. We’ll get a new one for the guest room soon.  Lydia likes her new Hisense tv so we’ll likely go with one of those, only in a smaller size for that room. After her gardening work, I told her I’d take her out to dinner – her choice.  She chose Chinese food and we both had wanted for some time to go into Albany to Ping’s, a place we’d been by several times and always had cars out in front – so tonight was the night!  There are two places in Lebanon that we’ve been to that are ok.  I liked this better than both of them!  I’ve always been partial to Panda Express down in SoCal and it turns out there is one up here (in Albany) that we’re also going to try some time.     

Wednesday, February 7th, 2018……  We slept in a bit.  Penny came over later to walk Quincy and let us know about her consult with her surgeon.  The date will be in March sometime but is not yet set 100%.  He told her that things are looking good and that she is doing all the right things and the surgery should be on track.  Lydia waited until the afternoon when the weather warmed up a bit to go out and do round two on the flower bed.  The team was here and the rest of the gravel was delivered so they got the pad a little closer to the concrete pour.

End of Day 8……



I helped with the flower bed cleanup and we rested for a while.  Lydia made dinner tonight and we watched some taped shows while we ate. Later, we watched The Amazing Race.  I always tape these shows and we have the timing down so we know when we can start to watch them and be able to fast forward through the commercials and still finish up about the time the broadcast ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment