About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, February 26, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #29 – Olympics and Puppies!


 

Sunday, February 25th, 2018…...    The rain started up again today. It was not heavy but it was consistent all day.  So, we stayed around the house. Last day for the Olympics.  The US did ok, especially towards the end.  It was fun watching the men win a gold medal in curling! First time ever! The women also beat out rival Canada for the gold in Hockey! Yeah!  Later in the evening I watched the closing ceremonies, which are always fun to see.  It was neat to see Ivanka Trump with the US athletes.  The Paralympics will start soon and I will watch those as well. Also, next month both Indy Car and Formula One racing will begin and I’m a big fan of both.  Can’t wait!.....
Also – we’re getting a puppy!  Lydia got a call from Beckie and we agreed that we wanted one of her just born litter.  No pictures yet but we’ll get some and share soon.  She says that it will be 6 weeks before we can come get her. We can’t wait!  We slept pretty good with visions of a puppy playing in the yard!

Monday, February 26th, 2018……  The rain let up today.  Penny came over to walk Quincy.  After breakfast, and since the sun was out, with no rain in the forecast, I went over and put up my sister’s new light fixtures.  We can’t test until the sun goes down but everything is working so far.  Lydia came over and they left for Albany to do some shopping.  I had to go back home. Dana and Tim came over today to drop off some materials.  They said we were close on the cement pour and the guy even said for sure this week.  They are calling him daily and want to do it asap so that pressure may be what the guy needs. While they were here he loaned me some ether (starting fluid) for my tractor.  After charging the battery for about 30 minutes or so, I tried it and it started right up!  Yaay!  Now if the grass would only dry out!  After they left, I worked a bit on the motorhome.  I had already pulled the slides in due to the snow so that was done but I needed to get the inside cleaned up and stuff put away in preparation for moving the rig to clear access for the cement truck when he shows up.  I still have the satellite dish up because I’m still taping in there.  So - I put a big note on the steering wheel to stow it before I move the coach out! Lydia got back later with a few items for the house.  We still have rooms with bare walls so when she finds something she likes, she buys it!  After a nice dinner, we settled in and watched our taped tv programs before hitting the hay.     

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the new puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us too! She hasn't taken individual shots yet but we'll for sure get a group shot of them all soon

      Delete