About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #63 – Back Issues and Trailer Issues


Monday, October 2nd, 2017…...  This morning the plan was to get up and going to 1) breakfast, 2) drop off my trailer for axle work, and 3) Walmart for grocery shopping.  I hooked up the trailer and off we went. We had a nice breakfast at Kevin’s and then met with Scott at the metal fab shop in town.  He looked at the axle and immediately showed me a crack in it and said he wouldn’t be allowed to make repairs – not safe even with welding.  I need to get my axle replaced.  I will be taking it apart and taking it in to them to measure and order and weld/install.  Once we know which one to order I will order online for delivery to them for the welding/install. That will save some money.  I figure for the $500. I paid for the trailer, lawnmower and edger figured in, I have about $350. in the trailer.  This axle work will run me $300. which still makes the trailer less than $700.  They are out there for over $1500.  So that figured out, I brought it back home and put it up on jacks/blocks.  Problem is – I wrenched my back lifting it up there.  As Walter, Jeff Dunham’s puppet says, “Dumb Ass”!  Yeah, that was me.  I pulled it pretty good. I am so sore now and I can’t stand up straight.  This happens every so often so I know the drill - take it easy and take muscle relaxers and pain meds for a few days so I can get going again. The trailer is on hold for now….  We ate an easy dinner and watched DWTS before calling it a night.



Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017…...  Today I felt a little better so I went out and crawled under the trailer and got the axle out – didn’t hurt too bad.  Kirk was here working today so I had him help me load it in the truck and went back to work on taking the leaf springs out.  The bolts are rusted/welded so I had to cut them off. Again, it was ok laying on the floor – not much pressure on my back there. I managed to get one off so I could take it in to use to order replacements.  Lydia and I talked about dinner at another Mexican restaurant we found in Sweet Home so we drove there.  Besides that, I wanted to go to the BiMart there and get another timer for the other island sprinkler system.  The restaurant (Casa De Reyes) was excellent!  Plus, Tuesday is $5.00 4-beer-sampler night!  I tried some different 4 oz. tastes – three I liked, one not so much, but hey, I know next time what to order!  We came back and watched taped shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment