About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #76 – Puppies and a Win & a Loss!

 

Saturday, October 28th, 2017…...  Today was an easy day.  I did do some minor work on the house and then kicked back for the rest of the day.  Lydia called to let me know that she heard from our breeder about an available English golden puppy.  We will pass for now and wait until her girls have their next litter(s) around February.  By then we will be done with the construction and maybe we can figure out how to fence the yard for containment.  We are also thinking about the invisible fences like our neighbor used for their Goldendoodle.  I have been filling in the day with little projects that won’t affect my back.  I’ve really been taking it easy but my lawn is getting long!  Hmmmm.  Nope, no way right now! I watched Nascar and college football and then Dodgers world series baseball.  Yaay, we won tonight!  That means no matter what happens tomorrow, there will be a game 6 in LA and we will have home field advantage which is important! 



Sunday, October 29th, 2017…...  Today was a cloudy overcast day. I didn’t go anywhere or do much of anything.  It was a very quiet day.  Lydia called and said that later she would be sending me some pics of Jeff’s leg and some of the kids. I made some coffee and ate a light breakfast. Penny came by with Quincy and they walked around and played ball for a while.  She stayed and visited.  Oh, she wanted me to correct my last post – she only has cancer in the one breast, my error. After they left, I read the paper and cleaned up the kitchen and picked up around the house at bit. I was going to go out for a bit and explore Crawfordsville. My contractor gave me the name of their tax person and I wanted to go see her office. But I decided to save that for a better less gloomy day. I did get a call from someone who said I called her number and awarded some kind of a bid.  She said I had a wrong number!  So I called Tim’s cell and spoke with him about getting the job.  We talked a bit about the timeline and next steps and he answered some of my questions.  It was reassuring to hear about it.  I’m excited that we are in process!   I filled in the rest of the day and evening watching some taped shows and then football, Nascar, Formula 1, and then game 5 of the world series.  My Dodgers make me nervous! They went back and forth and made a great effort but lost tonight.  Next game is Tuesday at home and they need to win.   

Here are pics of Jeff's leg. Yuuck!




Here are the grandkids, Shelby, Kate, and Jacob working on pumpkins and Jacob 



visiting the Halloween Spirit Store.



No comments:

Post a Comment