About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #69 – A TV Weekend!


Saturday, October 14th, 2017…...  This morning Penny brought Quincy over for her run.  She loves having free reign in the yard and field.  It was chilly this morning – there was frost on the grass! My weather station showed it got down to 33º. I sure wish I would have started the contractor bidding on the rv garage a lot sooner.  It might be a while before we can get the motorhome under cover!  While she was here, Penny got a call from Maryanne so we got to talk with her and Randy for a bit, which was nice. Afterward, we just spent the rest of the day laying around the house.  Still nursing shingles and back pains.  We ate an early dinner (beef and gravy over mashed potatoes) and decided we felt well enough to go to Saturday evening mass at St Edward Catholic Church. We found chairs behind the pews so I didn’t have to kneel which sure helped my back! We liked the folks there and so when we got home I went to the church’s website and registered us as new parishioners. After church we came home and I caught up on the taped Dodgers game.  We won!  Yaay!


Sunday, October 15th, 2017…...  Lydia had a terrible night.  She’s been ok the last couple of days just taking Tylenol and having me rub lidocaine on her affected areas from her shingles (mostly on her back).  She was ok for a while but woke up later and couldn’t sleep and got up at 3:45am this morning and sat up for a while.  Finally, about 6:30am she took a Vicodin and went back to bed. I just stayed up to let her rest.  I went in and fixed my breakfast and she slept in till about 10:00am and woke up feeling fine.  The rest of the day went well, just lazing around.  She watched her taped shows and crocheted and I watched Nascar, football, and later, more football (my Broncos – they imploded and lost big time!) and finally, baseball (my Dodgers!).  We won again. Yaay!  Lydia fixed a hodgepodge dinner – spaghetti for her and ravioli for me – but she only had to make one sauce for both.  With garlic toast the meal was excellent!  She has no pain but is still tired so we went to bed early to catch up on lost sleep…     

No comments:

Post a Comment