About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #67 – Back Issues Again!


 

Tuesday, October 10th, 2017…...  We are supposed to get rain this afternoon so I went out early to get gas for my mower and got it ready in hopes that I could mow before rain gets to us. I waited as long as I could for the grass to dry from the dew.  I first went out with the new lawnmower (this was the Honda that I had picked up with the trailer) and did he rain culvert first.  I had a hard time with it on the uneven slope even though it is self propelled.  I then got the tractor out and managed to get the rest of the lawn all done before I got wet! Problem is I can now hardly walk!  The back muscle that was sore was doing so well but now I have a different set of muscles in my back that have tightened up.  I think it was the new mower plus the sitting position and the bouncing on the tractor.  I am seriously thinking about going to see a doctor if it’s not better tomorrow.  Lydia put chicken pies in the oven and I got in and out of my recliner a few times before going in to stretch out on the bed.  I took some more muscle relaxers and called it a night.
 

Wednesday, October 11th, 2017…...  Today was a little better but I didn’t do anything except sit around all day.  I have a doctor’s appointment on Monday so we’ll just go day by day….

Lydia stayed around and watched over me today.  She fixed linner and I took some muscle relaxers and Aleve and ended up napping most of the day. So I’m up late watching tv and am wide awake.  I’ll take some Tylenol and try to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment