About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #75 – Surgery and a Decision!

 

Thursday, October 26th, 2017…...  I had a busy day planned today. I had talked to Lydia this morning and she said that Jeff’s varicose surgery went well.  They did 43 pokes/stabs in his right leg plus the one main problem vein was attached to in two locations and removed.  He is home and resting with not much pain so far but the anesthetics will wear off shortly.  They said he must take the prescribed pain meds (he doesn’t like to take any drugs except maybe Tylenol) because he will be extremely hurting for the next few days.  But at least he has his mom to look after him and make sure he gets up and walks as directed and follows orders!  She already promised to make them all her pumpkin bread so he better do what she says if he wants any! 

After the call, I went out and hooked up the trailer.  I had visited my fab shop and my axle was in.  They can’t get to it right away but they want the thing there as fill-in work when they can.  Rocky wants to come by and get my electrical situation squared away so he can get me a better quote.  My sister had talked to me a few days ago but I didn’t want to share until she said so.  Her biopsy came back positive for cancer in both breasts.  She has been on the phone with several doctors, care givers, counselors, etc. who are carefully taking her through the process.  They have more tests to schedule but she will be going through chemotherapy and then radiation soon.  She has a positive attitude and that’s going to help but please keep her in your prayers. She was here and left Quincy so she could go meet with Kirk to get plants and flowers for her place.  His local source, Garland Nursery, has a sale going with 70% off some of the things she wants so it made sense to get going on that today.      


Friday, October 27th, 2017…...  Rocky was a no show yesterday with no phone call so I think I will be getting with Tim to let them know they are my guys.  I want to head into Albany and get some more cabinet hardware from Home Depot plus I want to go get that recliner.  I got rolling early and called my sister and went and picked her up for the day. We stopped at Shirley May’s for breakfast.  I’ve taken Lydia here before but not Penny.  She ordered 1 pancake with scrambled eggs and bacon. Shirley and I told it was a big pancake!



Afterward, we headed over to Albany and stopped first at the tax office in the Albany courthouse so she could pay her property taxes.  We just sent a check in but she wanted to use her card to get points so she did it directly at their office.  Next, we went to Big Lots. My recliner wasn’t going on sale any time soon and I was tired of using Walt’s old one in my room and this one fit me and was very comfortable and the price was right and they had it in stock, so we took one home. I used help (and my belt) to get it loaded and Penny helped get the old one out and the new one in at home.  It looks good and fits in my room! Now I can watch the Dodger game in comfort. 





Oh, they lost again tonight. Bummer.  It looks like their bats have gone to sleep.  They better get it going and even up the series tomorrow! Earlier, I called Tim’s office number and left a message that he got the job and asked him to get his schedule together and inquired as to what exact date he wants payment number 1.  So, pending his availability, it’s on now!  They have to submit plans to the city and get all the necessary permits, which will take some time.  Plus I need to get a copy of their plan so I can take it around to my neighbors for their “ok”.  I’m told it’s a minor formality and more of a courtesy to the neighbors.  I would want that as well if/when any of them ever do a project like this. I’ll be talking to Tim later and get a timeframe for all of this but I’m getting excited!  Whenever they can start I just hope the weather stays good in batches so they can get the site prepped and concrete poured. Tim says he and his crew work pretty much year round and will work in the rain as long as they can. 

1 comment: