About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #65 – Pumpkins and Baseball!


special note for Thursday’s blog - I forgot to mention that Thursday she and Penny went shopping for pumpkins.  They had each gotten a card from our realtor for a free pumpkin (up to 10 lbs.) at Grandpa’s Gardens in Albany so off they went. Lydia got one a little over ten pounds so it cost her 23 cents! They both wanted to go to a real pumpkin patch where you can go out and pick your own.  They had one all lined up with acres of pumpkins on the vines but the last time they went by, the field was harvested and they were plowing over everything!  We’ll keep checking - maybe there are others we can find.     


Friday, October 6th, 2017…...  I was told by the boss that I couldn’t do much work today – “no lifting and relax your back” so said. So I puttered around the house and shop today.  I was doing pretty well, just straightening up a bit. Then Penny called and wanted my 8’ ladder for her contractor who was caulking the outside of her house today and didn’t bring any of his own ladders (duh!). It was easy to load my ladder from the shop and drop into my truck and unload next to her garage (no strain) so I was ok.  Then I went to Economy Hardware (Ace) and bought a sheet of pegboard and three 2 x 2’s to build and hang in my shop.  It was loaded for me and all I had to do was drag it off the truck into the shop (no strain).  All in all, I did pretty good today!  No pills and less pain than yesterday.  Getting better!  Lydia baked a Costco tamale casserole and we had that. It was tasty but a bit spicy for us.  I watched baseball (Dodgers vs Arizona – we won) before going to bed.      

Saturday, October 7th, 2017…...  This morning I had plans to go to Albany to Habitat for Humanity and to Harbor Freight for a few things.  I stopped at Walmart then Starbuck’s on the way.  That done, I headed home.  It was sprinkling a bit when I got home but it stopped long enough for me to put new windshield wipers on the Acadia and on my truck. Again, a light day with no lifting (doing good Dr. Lydia!) and my back feels better yet. Lydia spent the day knitting and watching a bit of her taped tv shows.  Also, today the guys came and put sod in my sister’s back yard. It looks great! She has to water it every day as it gets started to take root.  




It is overcast here now.  Lydia was curled up drinking tea but decided it was time for dinner.  She is making hamburgers and heating up some tater tots.  Maybe a bit of ice cream for dessert!    Then it's time for Dodgers baseball!

No comments:

Post a Comment