About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #64 – Sewing Table and Another Garage Bid

Wednesday, October 4th, 2017…...  I woke up this morning feeling tight and took some Tylenol to help. After a while I went out to the garage but didn’t do any work this time.  I took off with the axle and one spring with me to the metal guy.  I have decided to order a new axle, springs, and fenders all at one time so Scott can get them welded in place.  $350 plus labor but I’ll have a whole new suspension so I’m, doing it.  The springs need new hangers and the fenders need to be welded so I have to get the old axle back in just to get it to the shop.  Scott said he will stop by tomorrow to help so that’s good.   I also have another appointment tomorrow with another contractor for the rv garage so that’s good as well.  We went to Albany later in the day to get a piece of white laminate for Lydia’s sewing table. She wants an extension and I can do that for her.  We also needed to go to Sherwin Williams to buy the paint for the dining room.  We stopped at my sisters on the way to help her with a few projects.  We put her dresser mirror on and added some door sweeps to her French doors. After getting back, it was time to rest for the day.  We ate leftovers and watched tv till bedtime. 


Thursday, October 5th, 2017…...  I went out this morning and got some bolts for my trailer springs.  Scott is coming over today to bring back the axle just to bolt back in so I can get the trailer back to his shop for the install of the new axle and springs and fenders. I stopped and got breakfast out and went to Ace Hardware and then went over to pick up the other leaf spring I had left at the shop.  Turns out Scott is off today and the rest of the week so I guess he won’t be coming over today! Dang! One thing I found out is that up here time kinda runs in the slow lane.  Priorities seem less of an issue.  Very laid back and relaxed. I like the lifestyle and for myself, well I’m still trying to slow down too but it isn’t easy.  The guy who is coming over for a bid on my garage was called over 3 weeks ago and is just now returning my call! That’s Oregon time! My metal fab/welder guy didn’t make it but the other contractor did.  He is friendly enough and asked all the right questions and I gave him the same criteria as I did the others so we’ll see what he comes back with. I have a hunch that he will come back with a value bid.  We’ll see…  Before he came, I worked on Lydia’s sewing table and got the extension table put on.  I hinged a 24” x 48” piece of laminate (same as her tabletop) to the back of the table.  I added swing down legs and we both think it came out pretty good. 




Both of us had a late lunch so we each had a few light items for dinner (Lydia had soup and I had some little Babybel cheeses and a few mini cinnamon buns – can you tell we’ve been to Costco!).  We each are watching our programs now.  



No comments:

Post a Comment