About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, October 2, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #62 – Plane Trip and Paint Prep


Saturday, September 30th, 2017…...  We woke up this morning to cloudy skies.  We are supposed to get showers today.  We’ve had enough light sprinkles in the last week so start to see a little green starting out in the fields. The lawn is really green and is growing so much I’m thinking about mowing again next week.




Before the rain got going, I went out and picked the remaining grapes off the vines.  We only have about 20 feet of vines growing, and this is my second bucket that I’ve gotten.  Not a ton but they are really tasty!

Today is Jody’s last day in Oregon.  She has a 1:00pm flight home (St. George, UT) out of Eugene.  She and Penny came by on their way to the airport to visit a bit before they had to leave. We all said our goodbyes to Jody and they took off.  It sure was fun to see her and spent some good quality time with her.  She is more like a sister (to both of us) than just Penny’s good friend. Hopefully, she (and Charlie) will get back up here to see us again soon! They are welcome anytime!

The sprinkles showed up early this morning and stayed steady for a few minutes.   So, we spent this rainy day inside.  I went back to work in the dining room and cleaned up after all my sanding.  That took a while so I think I am done for the day! Next step is to wipe everything again with a tacky cloth before paint. I have a few holes to spackle and it will be ready for the wall paint.  We have chosen the color for the walls (gray) and for the wainscoting (white) but still have to go buy the paint.  Jeff still has an account with Sherwin Williams and he is in the database so even up here I can use his account to get his contractor’s discount when we go in to buy the paint. Penny stopped by on her way home and I gave her a couple of bags of grapes to give to her neighbors. We spent the rest of the day cleaning around the house and resting and re4laxing and watching tv.  Lydia made steak burritos for dinner and I cleaned up and we watched tv before calling it a night.  She is still trying to relax and take it easy.  Her shingles are still causing her a lot of pain.  I feel bad because I know what she’s going through! She’s had them before and says it’s not quite as bad as the first time but still….


Sunday, October 1st, 2017…...  Bad night for Lydia last night.  She was tossing and turning in a lot of pain.  She is out of her pain meds from the Urgent Care but she has Vicodin and took one and finally got some sleep.  We’ll stay in today and do nothing but relax.  We fixed a Bird’s-eye one step skillet dish and had that. Easy cook and easy clean.  We watched our races/ncis tapes and went to bed early.  Lydia was restless and got up to watch tv.  She was watching when they broke in with the news of the Vegas shootings.  Terrible thing – we are so sad.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families.  

No comments:

Post a Comment