About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, October 19, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #71 – Housework, Labs, and World Series Bound!

 

Wednesday, October 18th, 2017…...  Good night’s sleep for both of us last night!  I’m hoping we are both on the road to recovery.  Just to be safe, I’m still taking it very easy.  Lydia picked up stuff around the house and I vacuumed. It’s pretty easy though, with the central vacuum system.  All I have to do is plug in at three spots around the house.  I’m getting spoiled! The area rugs and the hallway runners were also easy to vacuum. While we were resting, our latest contractor dropped off their bid.  It was exactly half of the only other bid we received.  We were thinking that that guy really didn’t need (or want) the work so he decided to come in super high. We won’t decide on this last one until we get at least one or two more from the three contractors who have been here. But it looks good so far!  Later in the afternoon, we met Penny in the old town (downtown) area to walk around a bit.  Both of the girls have been chomping at the bit to check out the little shops on Main St.  Me, not so much but we were going out to eat later so I was in.  They found several antique shops and some boutiques and I went in to the Teen Challenge thrift store here and found some things for another visit. Afterward, we went in to Conversion Brewing, right on Main St., a place I was hoping to get to, and had linner.  The food was pretty good and the beer was excellent!  We got back in time to watch the Dodgers play. They didn’t win today though.  Maybe tomorrow. 


Thursday, October 19th, 2017…...  Another great night’s sleep! The rains are coming in. We woke up to the pitter patter on the roof.  Looking at the national map, it looks like Oregon/Washington has the only rain at this time. Oh well, I guess we better start getting used to it!  Lydia went out to get her nails done and then later we rode along with Penny to Salem for her consult with her doctor. She had her mammogram this week and she has a lump they wanted to talk about.  They ended up doing a biopsy which will come back next week. She was sore from the needle so I drove us all back to Albany where we stopped for dinner at Sizzlers.  Then she dropped us off and went home to rest.  We watched tv.  Oh yeah – my Dodgers are going to the World Series!  Not sure if we will face New York or Houston – but we are in the World Series!  Yaaaaay!   

No comments:

Post a Comment