About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #73 – Great Weather and Changing Colors

 

Sunday, October 22th, 2017…...  The rains have gone for a while and it’s a nice sunny day today.  It’s still nice to see the rains come and everything look so clean and crisp, although I’m sure there will be a time coming when I want sunny skies more than rainy ones!  This last rainstorm showed us our drainage patterns around the property.  Our whole neighborhood, 7 houses on our cul-de-sac, are all in a meadow/marshy area and our property is the lowest of all.  Walt had french drains put in several years ago to help channel water off the lawns and that is working well.  We’re hoping that continues throughout the rainy season. But it was nice enough today for us to move out and about.  I spent some time out in my shop but didn’t get too much done – still babying my sore back – so I took it easy.  I cleaned up some grapevines and picked up some apples that were blown off the trees.  The apples are about done, some have worm holes or have been chewed on by birds, but we will pick one more time and cut up what we can for applesauce or pies.  Grapes are gone. The blueberry bushes are changing color now to deep red.





Kirk is pretty much done with the landscaping.  If he hasn’t already ordered bark for the last of our flowerbed islands way out toward the back of the property, we are going to stop him and maybe do that last one next season.  The rest of day we just kicked back and watched taped shows, races, and football.  Lydia didn’t get anything out for dinner so we drove over and got Taco Bell to bring home to eat and watch tv.       


Monday, October 23rd, 2017…...  This morning Lydia is working on her packing.  Her flight leaves out of Portland (100 miles) at 5:45am tomorrow morning so we will be going to bed super early.  I probably will just stay up in my chair and nap because we need to be on the road early early early.  She has everything out and is trying to figure out how to pack it all!  We are also going over plans for my week. I have a few errands plus I need to get my financial guy going on funding for the rv garage construction.  Still waiting a few days to pick the contractor but they all want progress payments so I need to make sure I can get him paid in the increments he needs as the job progresses. I’ll keep her posted but she needs to concentrate on her visit and help Krista take care of Jeff and also relax and enjoy her time with our new daughter-in-law plus our new grandkids!     

No comments:

Post a Comment