About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, November 3, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #78 – Lydia’s Home and Dodgers Lose

 

Wednesday, November 1st, 2017…...  Today was set up as the return day for Lydia.  She had booked a later flight (arrival in Portland at 9:07pm) so she got rolling mid-day Florida time.  I got up and dressed and took Quincy for a long walk and then fed her and then showered.  Then I went out and got breakfast and continued on to Costco to renew my membership.  We’ve had basic membership forever and it was time to upgrade to Executive status so I took care of that in the store. I headed back toward home but stopped at a guy’s home junk business.  He’s right on Hwy 20 so he gets a lot of traffic.  He has a ton of stuff and I found a nice table that will work for my bench grinder (only $8.!) I went home and took the Quinzinator out again and then did a bit of work in the shop.  I packed up her stuff and headed back to Penny’s to drop her off and then took off toward Portland.  I had several hours to kill so I drove to the coast and then up.  It was a nice drive but I got a little rain on the coastal roads.  I made my way up to Tillamook and stopped in at the cheese factory and had a few samples.  They are in the process of building a new visitor center and they are in temporary digs until that’s done.  It looks like it will be nice when it’s done.  I had dinner there (grilled cheese and tomato soup) and then continued north.  Oh yeah, I was listening to the game on the radio as I was driving.  What a disappointment!  We were done for in the first two innings. Oh well, at least they made it to the world series!  I made it to the airport with about 45 minutes of wait time which I did in the cell phone parking lot.  She texted that she was out by the curb and I got her and her luggage in and then we made the long drive back home (11:30pm) and went to bed.      


Thursday, November 2nd, 2017…...  We wanted to sleep in a bit but Penny had a doctor’s appointment at 10:00am in Salem (36 mi.) and we took her there.  All went well.  We stopped for lunch at Firehouse Subs which was really good (it is my favorite sub shop!). Then we dropped her off back at home to rest.  We went home to rest as well. Later, we talked about dinner. We were still full from lunch so we just snacked/nibbled a bit.  Lydia caught up on some of her shows then we watched Survivor and then back to taped shows before going to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment