About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, November 27, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #90 – More Stuff For the Shop & a Lazy Sunday

 

Saturday, November 25th, 2017…...  I got up early today. I had plans.  I walked Quincy and showered and left for town.  I stopped and got coffee and drove over to Habitat for Humanity.  I wanted to be there early to try to buy the island I was looking at a few days ago. Today cabinets are 50% off, and it was still there, so I bought it and only had to pay $32.50.  It was super heavy, made from plywood, and I had to have help loading it, but hey, I got it!  I stopped on the way home and had a breakfast burrito from a local taqueria in Albany.  Once back home, I managed to get to the drawers and doors and get them removed, making it a lot lighter to unload.  Penny feels better today and came outside with Lydia and together we all got it slid off the truck.  Right now it’s sitting upright on a big dolly on the cement slab in the front shop. I think I’m going to build up the bottom so it sits higher for me and now’s the time to do that.  Just not today.  That done, I moved the truck and came in to rest and watch tv for a while. The girls sat around and planned their day.  I don’t think they plan on doing a lot but I don’t know.  Penny felt better this afternoon and went out and walked Quincy and then, after a bit, they went home.  We spent the rest of the day just lounging around.  We each fixed a late lunch so we really didn’t feel like dinner.  We finished the night with a bit of tv and went to bed.  


Sunday, November 26th, 2017…...  It was raining this morning so we stayed in.  Lydia made sausage and scrambled eggs and we sat around the house and ate and watched the skies. Good thing we stayed in because later in the morning it REALLY came down!  The wind was blowing so hard the rain was sideways!  Good thing was that it only lasted about six minutes.  Then it stopped completely and the winds died down too.  The rest of the day was just light drizzles.  It is supposed to be clear tomorrow.  Again, we ate lunch later in the afternoon so neither of us wanted a heavy dinner.  So we fixed what each of us wanted.  Lydia made herself nachos and I had cheese and crackers. I spent the day watching football games and fell asleep.  Those who know me well enough know I don’t usually take naps during the day.  Sure enough, when it came time for bed, I couldn’t sleep.  I got up and watched tv until midnight before trying it again. It still took some time to fall asleep.  Bet I’m tired tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment