About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #82 – Plumbing Repair & a Well Care Visit

 

Thursday, November 9th, 2017…...  Today started out super early for me.  It started yesterday in fact.  My sister was out yesterday afternoon on the second walk of the day for Quincy and she said there was water coming out of the wellhead out in the west end of the property.  I went out and found one of the 1 ½” fittings coming out of the pump was cracked.  I got on the phone and called around and finally found a plumber who could come out this morning.  He had to go get a fitting that he didn’t have in his van but went to work and dug down to readjust the pvc pipe which was pushed off a bit by a tree root (which probably put enough pressure on the fitting to crack it).  That done, the new fitting went on and he was done.  He had to work in the rain and wind so that was tough!  Not cheap but something I didn’t feel comfortable tackling myself. But there was a tiny problem. It started when he drove his work van (his choice) out to the site.  He got stuck in the wet grass and I couldn’t pull him out with my truck.  AAA won’t go off road onto fields with their vehicles. He ended up calling his dad who has a four-wheel drive truck and he got him out. Back to the job – he had to work in the rain and wind so that was tough!  Not cheap but something I didn’t feel comfortable tackling myself.

After the plumber left, we decided to drive to Albany and run a few errands. We got back and watched the rest of the CMAs we had taped.  We had had lunch in Albany (Arby’s) so we just nuked a couple of hot dogs for dinner. We finished the night watching tv and working on the plans for tomorrow.

Friday, November 10th, 2017…...   We had one of those well patient home visits this morning. Our new medical insurance here in Oregon is with United Health Care and they have been calling us to get this set up.  They wanted to go over our meds and make sure everything was working well for us.  We each spent some time with the rep. (Emily) but she did talk more with Lydia, given her history. It went well but took over two hours!...


That done, we went about our day.  We headed out to Eugene to visit their Kohls. Lydia was looking for a particular brand of jeggings and the Albany store didn’t have any. We got what we needed and then decided to go to the show to see Murder on the Orient Express.  But when we tried to park we couldn’t find a space.  School’s out and the mall was packed! We will go back when it’s not so crowded. So we headed back home, stopping at Harbor Freight to get an item that was on sale today. We also stopped at Walmart to get stuff for tacos for dinner.  We ate early and stayed in for the evening and watched tv.     

No comments:

Post a Comment