About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #86 – Jobs for my Sister and Baking at the House

 

Friday, November 17th, 2017…...  Sis slept well last night and she says she feels fine.  She even took Quincy out for her walk this morning. We took her out to breakfast at Shirley May’s and afterward she returned home to drop off Quincy and put away her stuff.  Then I met her at Walmart where she bought a new tv.  I brought it home for her and we started in.  The tv in her bedroom went to her guest room.  The tv in the living room went into her bedroom.  I had to modify a mounting bracket kit so we could mount it on her existing wall mount.  Then the new tv went into the living room.  I did a few other jobs for her while I was there and then left to let her rest and returned home to get Lydia so we could go to the grocery store.  We are having our realtor, Aimee, and her husband Jason, over for dinner on Sunday and we needed a few things.  That done, we stopped at Taco Bell for dinner and came back and unloaded the groceries and then ate dinner.  Then it was a night of relaxation for both of us.  I watched the first of the Nascar season finales.  This one was the truck series. She caught up on Scorpion shows. 

Saturday, November 18th, 2017…...  Saturdays are usually lazy days for us.  Today was no exception. We straightened up around the house and relaxed. They said no rain today and they were right.  But the sun never really came out at all so my grass never got a chance to dry out so I could mow.  Rain is on the calendar for the next couple of days so we’ll see….

Lydia fixed a noodle casserole for dinner.  I like these meals because they are great for leftovers.  She is also making an apple cake which she started tonight after dinner. But that is for tomorrow. Tomorrow, for our guests, she is making bbq ribs, crock pot mac and cheese, and hot buttered sourdough bread.  Penny is bringing baked beans.  Aimee and Jason are bringing salad. Even though I just ate, I’m getting hungry again thinking about tomorrow! 

I watched the second Nascar race.  Dale Earnhardt Jr. who owns Jr. Motorsports won his first owners championship in the Xfinity Series race. His cars took all three top positions in the championships.  Cool! Tomorrow is his last race as a driver when he retires from the Cup series. We finished up the evening watching tv and falling asleep. I woke up long enough to get this posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment