About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, November 20, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #87 – Dinner Guests for Us and Visitors for Penny



Sunday, November 19th, 2017…...  First thing this morning I got a text from my sister asking if I could come over and walk Quincy.  She wasn’t up to it as the drugs were working out of her system.   I met up with her and Quincy near the Santiam River, just around the corner from her house.  



She took my car home and me and the Quincydog finished up the walk.  I made sure they were doing ok and then headed home.  We had planned to go to Albany and get that entertainment center today but we got lazy and postponed it till tomorrow and decided to stick around the rest of the day.  I watched the last Nascar race of the season. I was rooting for Truex Jr to win the championship and he did! We spent the rest of the day just hanging and also picking up the house a bit before our guests arrived.  Penny called and said she was going to pass on coming over so she could rest some more. Lydia did go out to the store to get beans for dinner. Aimee and Jason came over around four and after a tour of our home, we sat and talked a bit and then had dinner.  It was a really good meal and a fun evening. After they left, we cleaned up and put leftovers away to get to Penny tomorrow. We watched tv until we got sleepy and then headed off to bed.    

Monday, November 20th, 2017…...   This morning we took off to Albany and first went to Home Depot and bought and loaded up the fireplace/entertainment center in the car. Then we headed over to Elmer’s for breakfast (german pancakes). Then we went to Costco but since they don’t open until 10:00am we went down the street to Kohl’s where Lydia bought a new purse. We finished up at Costco and then went home.  Penny was doing a little better but still not back to normal.  She said she was going shopping but Lydia wanted her to wait for her just in case she needed any help.  So, after we got home and unloaded the car, Lydia got all of our yesterday bbq leftovers together and took them to Penny.  Actually, they met up at Safeway.  Penny’s childhood friend, Debbie, and her husband Bill, were coming today to visit and stay a few days on their way to Vancouver for Thanksgiving with their family.  They made it to her house and rested while Lydia came home.  After a bit, Penny brought them they by our place for a visit.  Then after a tour they went back and then rested and then heated up the ribs and mac and cheese and bread for their meal.  Tomorrow was left up in the air, but, depending on how Penny is feeling, I think we will go get them tomorrow and give them the 25ȼ tour around the area here.        

No comments:

Post a Comment