About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #79 – Getting Prescriptions Sorted and Our First Room is Painted!

 

Friday, November 3rd, 2017…...  Since we went to bed early last night, I woke up early, and found Lydia was already up!  I asked her if she wanted to go to breakfast and she said yes.  I showered, and got ready.  Then she got ready and we left.  Kevin’s is cash/check only so we went to Walmart and got some shopping done and got some extra cash and headed for breakfast.  After we got back we both worked on our own projects. She still had a few things to sort through to get her luggage emptied and re-stored. I went out to the shop and worked on my new bench grinder table.  My 90-day mail order prescriptions (from OptumRx, our new provider) have finally been received so I sorted through them.  Lydia has been on the phone for 5-6 days back and forth with them and our doctor working on all the issues with all of her mail order rx’s. She has received most of them but a few have issues to be sorted out.  So kids, remember - dealing with drugs is no good!  I also worked a bit on the dining room.  Ok, the story can be told now – my plan while she was gone was to get the dining room painted and surprise her!  I had been working last week on the room, first taping off the wood work and painting the gray on the walls, then re-taping and painting the white on the wainscoting.  My sister came over and helped both of the days I was painting.  Thanks, sis!  I even decided not to post so I could keep it quiet. Well, the plan worked!  She saw the room when we got home the other night and really liked it!  So now, I can post and include some before  


 and after pics.




    


Saturday, November 4th, 2017…...  Since we now have the contractor pretty much set, we now need to start figuring out the process for the HOA.  We know there is no real group that meets or anything and that everyone is very laid back, but we asked our neighbors what we should expect to have to do.  They said just get the design docs to each of them to check out.  It is merely a process to ensure that we are not putting up an inferior structure or doing something so extravagant.  Like we heard our past next-door neighbors had built a paintball course for their friends.  Turns out it was a mess. They were shooting everything and everywhere and those paintballs were coming next door and across the street and hitting our houses.  Those neighbors sold to the folks there now and it’s back to normal but you never know… So, I have asked Tim to get me the paperwork before he goes to the city so we can take it around and get signed oks. I also had to call my financial guy and arrange to transfer funding.  I mentioned before they want half now and the rest at completion.  That actually works out for us - we will pull half the money in 2017 and half in 2018 - which helps out tax wise. The rest of the day we just puttered around the house and had an early dinner. I set one of my bedroom clocks back so I’d know what time it was.  Tomorrow I’ll go around and do the rest in the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment