About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #89 – Turkey Day! And Black Friday

 

Thursday, November 23rd, 2017…...  Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I got up early and found the weather was pretty nice.  The last couple of days we had rain showers off and on but it was actually warmer than normal.  This morning it was 54º at 6:30am! I gave Quincy a nice walk and then wiped her feet and brought her in and fed her her breakfast. Lydia had taken out the (really small chicken size) turkey she had bought and it was thawed out already.  We were not scheduling dinner until we heard how Penny was doing.  But she got all of it ready to go into the oven when we knew.  No worries. She was doing well and came over early and we spent the day watching parades and football. I got Quincy walking duties and it was drizzling every time I took her out! Dinner was turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, sweet potatoes, rolls and pumpkin pie.  The girls even cleaned up.  Except dog duty, it was a lazy day for me!    

Black Friday, November 24th, 2017…...  Neither one of us is a black Friday shopper so we kind of hung around the house today.  Penny spent the night so I got up and walked Quincy and then came in and took a shower and had breakfast. The girls hung around the house and Penny hung around the bathroom.  She is still not feeling quite right.  The medicine has left her queasy, but not sick. Everything is passing right on through! She did eat some solid food so we’ll see what happens.  She went back home to get her mail and pick up a few things.  She will stay here at least another night.  I worked on some stuff in my shop.  I have decided to cover most of the west and north walls with pegboard so I worked on one of the panels and got it installed.  That was in between rest breaks watching some of the college football games.  It’s rival week across the country so each team is playing their rival and has something to prove.  The big thing up here right now is the Civil War game.  That’s the BIG game between Oregon and Oregon State.  University of Oregon campus is in Eugene and Oregon State is in Corvallis, about 30 miles away so folks up here pick their team and are adamant supporters of that team. You’re either a Ducks fan or a Beavers fan!  Neither team is going to a bowl game but Oregon has a way better team most years.  But OSU comes to play each time so we’ll see. They play tomorrow afternoon.


Dinner tonight was turkey tetrazzini.  Lydia keeps some turkey for sandwiches but cuts up some for this dish.  I know I’m weird but I actually like it more than the original Thanksgiving dinner!  Yesterday we had pumpkin pie, today she made an apple pie. Later, after another walk with Quincy, we rested and watched our taped shows.            

No comments:

Post a Comment