About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, November 6, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #80 – Hanging Around the House and Doing Yardwork/Cleaning

 

Sunday, November 5th, 2017…...  Lydia wasn’t feeling all that well yesterday (stomach issues) so we didn’t do very much.  She’s much better this morning but we decided to stay in today and relax. Plus, I guess that I still have that mentality where I do most of my errands on the weekdays when it’s less crowded out there and relax on the weekends.  It’s not crowded anywhere up here anytime but I can’t break my old ways! 

The weather is changing up here now.  We’ve noticed that the days don’t get higher than 70º and most days are cloudy now rather than sunny most of the day.  Nighttime temps have been dropping as well.  We’ve seen it in the high 20s but most mornings it’s around 40º until about noon when it warms a bit.  For those who know me all too well – yes, I am still in shorts all of the time!  But I have switched to shoes and socks rather than sandals plus I’ve purchased a few new flannel shirts to wear when I need long sleeves. I’m sure I’ll have to transition to long pants before too long.  

As I said, we hung around the house today.  I didn’t go outside at all except to go get the Sunday paper.  Lydia fixed smothered chicken for dinner and we relaxed for the night.

Monday, November 6th, 2017…...  Today was chore day.  I went out to the yard and cut back the grapevines and pulled the last of the apples from the trees.  The leaves are completely gone from the vines and with the cutting and raking I filled up my trash can for the week!   Meanwhile, Lydia decided to work on our bathroom wiping down the tub (still haven’t used it!) and the surrounding area plus the counter tops and swiffering the floor.  She came out just as I was finishing up so we could go grocery shopping.  While we were out, we decided to just go eat out.  We went to Ixtapa for Mexican food. We came home and put the groceries away and warmed up the house a bit a watched tv for a while

No comments:

Post a Comment