About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #91 – Visitors Again & Getting Ready for Christmas

 

Monday, November 27th, 2017…...  This morning we got going early. I was tired but got up and moving and felt fine after a bit.  We left for breakfast at Kevin’s and then headed to the Sam Fit fitness center to check it out.  Part of our insurance package allows us to use any/all of the participating fitness centers here in town.  Lydia had seen Sam Fit in the same building as Good Samaritan Urgent Care. This place is NICE! Even though they use a key card to get in, we managed entry and met their staff leader, who gave us a quick tour.  We had seen the other fitness centers in town and this was by far the best so we will be back this week to sign up.  I sure miss going to the Boeing Fitness Center back in SoCal so I’ll be glad to get into this place. We left there and went over to Penny’s so I could put in her new control box for her garage door opener. I also installed some tie backs for her bath curtains.  Bill & Debbie came back by on their way home to stay the night with Penny.  We visited and then left for home.  Once there, I started getting down all of our Christmas decorations.  We have to decide what to use and what else we need to buy.  Walt left us three lighted snowflakes he used in the upper windows in the entryway.  I tested them and two worked fine.  One has half the bulbs out.  We put up the new (to us) Christmas tree.  Penny was getting rid of it and it’s pre-lit so we thought we’d sell ours and buy hers.  It was a smart move – no lights to hang and easier to put up!  Lydia went to work and got the tree decorated 



and then it was time for dinner. The rest can wait until tomorrow.  We fixed tacos and then cleaned up and went to Walmart.  Lydia says I’m not allowed up on this roof to put up lights.  I did not argue!  So, we bought a couple of the star showers advertised on tv. When we got home I set one of them up, and we found we were not at all happy with the projected look we were getting.  Tomorrow we will return them and look for something else.  We did find new lighted snowflakes that will go up tomorrow as well.     


Tuesday, November 28th, 2017…...  First thing this morning I took the star showers back to Walmart. Later, we went over to get Penny, Debbie, and Bill to go to Elmer’s in Albany for breakfast.  They had never had German pancakes so we couldn’t resist taking them there. We had a nice time visiting with them before they headed back south to home.  They are now thinking seriously about moving up here. On the way home, we stopped at Costco for a few things.  I found they had new laser star showers for the yard so I bought those.  We returned home and continued getting our Christmas stuff put together.  I had found a third star shower we used for our motorhome so I set out all three and that worked well.  We worked on the rest of the house throughout the day/night but still didn’t get it all done.  We ate a Costco roasted chicken which we made quesadillas out of.  Yummy.  Lydia had been on her feet too long today so we rested and later called it a night.   

No comments:

Post a Comment