About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #85 – Dodging the Sprinkles and 1st Round of Chemo

 

Wednesday, November 15th, 2017…...  Today was supposed to be wet again. I wanted to go out and get a sheet of pegboard for another wall in my shop, but I couldn’t find a break in the weather.  So, we stayed around the house and goofed around.  Lydia didn’t get anything out for dinner and I offered to take her out but she decided to fix breakfast for dinner – so we had omelets!  Very tasty!  We watched the taped Survivor episode together and then split back to our own tvs and programs. 

Thursday, November 16th, 2017…...  This morning started out pretty early. Lydia was taking Penny to Salem for her first round of chemo.  The appointment was at 8:15 so they left here around 7:15. I have Quincy for the day.  I walked her in between the on and off sprinkles and then dried off her feet and fed her her breakfast. Then I took off to Jack in the Box and 7-11 to get my breakfast.  I came back and ate and then took off to Economy (Ace) Hardware to pick up a sheet of pegboard and some 2x2’s.   I managed to get them back without too much water on them.  I stored them away in the shop and headed out again.  We are looking for a tv stand for Lydia’s craft room.  We also need another tv for in there.  The one in there now will move to the guest bedroom.  We decided that one with a fireplace would be perfect for that room and for Lydia when she’s in there working on her crafts! I went to Home Depot and Lowe’s in Albany where we had seen them. Home Depot has the one we want but I want her there to make sure we get the right model.  I got back and walked the Quinzinator again.  This time we went out to check our creek.  There is a bit of water in it now since we’ve had some constant days of rain.  It’s only inches deep but it looks cool! 






Back to Penny - I knew that they were still in process giving her the chemo.  They administer a dose (into the port that they had previously installed) and she has to wait an hour or more before the next dose.  They did four so, it would be a long day!  She will come back here and spend the night as they said she shouldn’t be alone and most likely will be nauseous.  So we will be there for her if/when she needs us. Update – they texted later that everything was going well and she was feeling good.  They were done and would be heading home soon.  Another update -  I fixed myself dinner and let them know.  They decided to come home and fix grilled cheese sandwiches which Lydia got together pretty quickly.  The rest of the night was uneventful.  We watched tv for a while and Penny took her meds and went to bed.  It was a long day and a lot of stuff going on! We’ll see how she does tonight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment