About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #83 – Veterans Day Saturday and a Lazy Sunday

 

Saturday, November 11th, 2017…...  Today is Veterans Day. Please be sure to thank those served this great country!  This morning was gorgeous!  It rained during the night but when the sun came out the skies were full of white clouds! It was still a little chilly (52º) out when I went to get the paper but it is warming up now.  There are dark clouds out over the mountains way in the distance but so far, still nice here….
Lydia and Penny are heading out this morning to the Heritage Mall (in Albany) to do some shopping.  I have dog watching duty.  She and I will go out later for her walk.  Right now I’m going out to program the third Genie remote that I just got for the garage doors.  This one is for the truck…..  Ok, so that’s done now.  Each vehicle has a remote that opens any of the three garage doors.  I’m not sure yet what we’ll end up with for the rv garage when that’s built. There will be another garage door on that one too… I also worked on running a switch for the dust collector system.  It’s in the garage part of the shop and I currently have to walk out there to turn it on an off so I’m running a cord over to the work shop area on the workbench to mount a switch for convenience. Ok, so now that I have taken a couple of subfloor panels out, I can see this is bigger than I thought. I need to put some more thought into this one. I walked Quincy and then Lydia and Penny got back a bit later and Penny picked up her pooch and went home.  They ate while they were out so I fixed my taco leftovers for my dinner. We cleaned up the house a bit and settled in to watch tv before going to bed.     



Sunday, November 12th, 2017…...   Another lazy Sunday.  Lydia did do a couple of loads of wash but it was a very quiet day here on the ranch…. Early afternoon she fixed up a beef stew and got it simmering for our early dinner.  I watched races and football throughout the day and mixed in one trip out to the shop to think more about my electrical plans. Like I said, a lazy day….

No comments:

Post a Comment