About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, November 16, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #84 – Haircuts and Labs

 

Monday, November 13th, 2017…...  It was windy last night and we could hear some heavy rain but this morning it started out dry. Today was the start of a rainy forecast.  It was sunny for a while but very windy and then the skies clouded up and we got slight showers.  Lydia left for a doctor’s appointment and then lunch with my sister.  I stayed home and worked a bit in my shop. I made it back to the house before it started sprinkling.  I fixed myself some lunch. Lydia got home a few minutes later and missed most of the rain. We spent the rest of the day around the house.  We had leftover stew and biscuits for dinner and settled in to watch DWTS. Tonight is the semifinals. One more week after this.

Tuesday, November 14th, 2017…...   We decided to go out to breakfast this morning.  Lydia had labs so we went there first.  We chose Kevin’s this morning because they have a barber shop next door I wanted to try. After we ate I went there and Lydia took the car and went a block north to her quilt shop.  I had a few folks ahead of me but when I was done and started walking towards her store, she was leaving and picked me up. We were planning on meeting my sister for linner and we wanted to go try The Tangent Inn.  According to the paper, it’s a new restaurant recently opened in Tangent, which is about ten miles from us, and boasted big burgers. She got back from her doctor’s appointment but we were still full from breakfast so we had her go run her errands and then come to our house later.  She picked us up and we headed out. The place was very nice.  Since it was early, we sat in the bar area.  I had a beer and the mushroom w/swiss burger and baked beans.  Lydia had the blue cheese burger and coleslaw and Penny tried their house special, called the Tangent Burger and fries. Her burger was huge! 




That’s fried cheese on the bottom and was 8” around! We liked the place and will go back. After pigging out, we headed back home and she dropped us off.  We were in for the night and watched tv and went to bed.         

No comments:

Post a Comment