About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #88 – Some Assembly Required and a Doctor’s Appointment

 

Tuesday, November 21st, 2017…...  We both slept in this morning (7:30am). Didn’t go over to Penny’s.  Bill and Debbie are staying with my sister so she didn’t need too much from me today.  After Bill walked Quincy they went out to breakfast and toured the city a bit.  The plan was to go over there at 3:00pm and take them to Sweet Home and a tour of that area before going to Skyline for dinner. So, while Lydia went in to get her nails done, I ate a quick lunch then went in to finished up the assembly of the fireplace cabinet. It went together pretty easily and looks good. 



Next up is a bigger tv for that room. I watched tv for a while then it was time to go get them.  We took off and showed them the sights in Sweet Home, including Foster Lake.  I crossed the dam and found a patrol car sitting in the lot at the T in the road.  I made a u-turn and went all the way around him!  I think he thought I was crazy but he didn’t follow me so that was good! We went over to Skyline and Penny treated us all to dinner. Thanks Sis! We drove back home and visited with them for a while and then went home and waited to watch the finale of DWTS. I had made my predictions for the last six dancers and I only missed on Drew and Victoria, who I had reversed.  Otherwise, I got them all in order. We were happy to see Jordan win the mirror ball.  Also glad to see Lindsay get her first win as well.     

Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017…...  Today I was busy.  So was Lydia, who had to go to her new dermatologist for some spots to be frozen off.  No worries, they said only one was of any concern and if it doesn’t clear up, they will test it. She has a follow up appointment but not until 2018.  Meanwhile, I took off and made the rounds at the Habitat for Humanity stores in Corvallis and Albany.  I found a couple of table saws I was interested in but didn’t ask about prices.  I did find a workbench out in their yard on my way out.  It’s nothing fancy, but I have plenty of space and it was only $13.25 so I bought it!




I went to Lowe’s and bought a few items for the house and headed home. Later, Penny called and asked if I wanted to come over and walk Quincy or bring her back for a walk at our place then a sleepover. That way, she could sleep in tomorrow and then come over and the dog would be there already. I went and got Quincy and by the time I got home, Lydia had spaghetti and meatballs and hot bread just about ready.  The perfect meal for the long day! Quincy got a few bites of the meatballs (minus the sauce) and then I cleaned up the kitchen and went in to work on my bills (yuck!).  We watched tv and then called it a night.    

No comments:

Post a Comment