About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Oregon Living 2017 – Blog #77 – Baseball and Trick or Treaters

 

Monday, October 30th, 2017…...  Yesterday was cloudy – today was beautiful! If the Dodgers had won last night it would be even better.  10 innings and 25 runs.  You’d think they could hold a lead, but noooo!   So tomorrow is do or die. Anyway, I left the house since it was so nice out and ran some errands.  I stopped in at Habitat for Humanity (they are always getting new things) and found another cabinet I can use for my shop.  $13.50 – with the Monday senior day 10% discount – and I was out of there.  I brought it home and wheeled it into the shop but didn’t do anything to it yet.  I am still configuring things and changing things around.  Work in progress!  I cleaned up in the big shop and then came in to rest for the day.  Lydia called and said she and Jeff were at Bass Pro Shops!  Jeff is supposed to walk and feels good enough to go.  Krista is working and the kids are in school so Mom gets to be the chauffer! But I am getting a t-shirt from that store so it’s cool! Later, I fixed dinner and then went out to the motorhome to catch up on taped shows out there.  Quiet day.         



Tuesday, October 31st, 2017…...  This morning I went out in the cold morning to get the paper. My weather station said it was 27º!  My other thermometer showed it at 38º.  I checked the water hoses and they were flowing so I’m going with the warmer temp.  But it was still cold!  Later, when it warmed up, I decided to go out and start the motorhome to charge the batteries.  I stayed out there for a while and watched some taped shows I recorded on that receiver.  Kirk came a bit later and brought three trees that my sister was removing.  We found a good spot and he replanted them for me.  Later, Penny brought Quincy over to spend the night.  She was told that her neighborhood gets a bunch of trick or treaters and I was told won’t get but one or two.  I sat up in the living room to be close to the door but we only got one neighbor. My cul de sac has only 7 homes so it’s not productive for the kids to come here.  But they do get tons over at my sisters. She ran out of candy! My Dodgers won last night!  Series is tied so we better bring the bats tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment