About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #10 – Following Up With the Dentist and Testing the Spa

 

Friday, January 19th, 2018…...  This morning I headed over to my sister’s house about 8:45am. The DirecTV guy was coming and I wanted to learn how the hookups would go in.  When he was there last, he said we could move the tv over to another wall without doing much changing to the lines. But I didn’t see how that would work, given that her Xfinity box was on one wall and couldn’t move.  Well, he showed us!  I learned a few things about different ways to make the connections.  He spent a while with us and then left.  We got her furniture in place and I took off and came back home. Yesterday I had checked my after-visit instructions from the endodontist and it said I only had a temporary fill on my tooth and I needed to get back to my dentist to get that done.  So, my plan was to stop by and have them verify if I had a temporary or a permanent fill and set up an appointment if necessary. But they don’t work on Fridays so I will have to wait until Monday. BTW still no word from my contractors on the permit.


Saturday, January 20th, 2018……  Nice sunny day today.  So, we made a run to Walmart to do our grocery shopping and get stuff for dinner tonight and tomorrow.  Lydia wants to make steak burritos tonight and pasta fagioli tomorrow. We were looking at the weather forecast and saw that there is a large front coming in on Sunday and we don’t want to have to go out in it thus the trip today. We did some general cleanup around the house and then sat down and added some items to our to do/to buy list. We always seem to forget things we want to get done or go buy.  For example, we have two more tv’s to buy (one for Lydia’s craft room and one for my shop). We add things like paint for the living room accent wall, carpet cleaning, trailer wheels, etc. etc. We add things all the time and line them out when we get them done or bought. After dinner we each watched our taped tv programs for a while.  I thought it was about time to test out the Jacuzzi tub in the master bath.  We’d never even turned on the water until tonight.  I ran water through the system and drained and cleaned it (although it was clean) and filled it and tested the jets. Everything checked out and it works well. It was a nice evening although it sure makes me miss my old spa!  I guess I have to add that to my list now!         

No comments:

Post a Comment