About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #2 – Dental Visit, Gym Visit and Plans for the Weekend

 

Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018…...  I had my dental appointment this morning.  Yes, they honored the $100. off coupon which made it way better.  We have insurance but chose no dental so mine and Lydia’s visits are out of pocket.  It works for us because I only have x-rays once a year and three cleanings.  That total is way less than what my dental insurance payments would be.  Of course the risk is if major work is needed.  Lydia took off for the gym and I left for my appointment.  I had x-rays and a full exam and then a cleaning.  They found a pocket on a tooth I was complaining about.  I had a root canal on that tooth many years ago and I think the cap is worn a bit and it left a pocket in an area I can’t get to and I got some infection.  So, I have another appointment next week at an Endodontics center in Albany.  They will take a 3d image and then I’ll know if it’s something they can fix or do an extraction.  Later, my sister came by and we went to Pizza Schmizza for dinner. She hadn’t been before and she liked it as much as we do.       


Thursday, January 4th, 2018…...   Today was cleaning day.  Ok, at least laundry day.  Lydia went to work on that and I went out and worked and cleaned up the shop.  Not too much else to say other than we are done with those tasks. Still no report on the building permit.  I’m getting anxious now because I’m thinking we’re getting close. Maybe next week they will begin. Meanwhile, I went over to do some chores at my sister’s. We made plans for the next couple of days.  Tim is coming up on Saturday with his two girls to visit Penny. He’s driving all by himself and will do the trip in one day (he used to drive trucks for a living). But it’s a long day and they’ll get in late on Saturday night. So, she will be bringing Quincy over here sometime on Saturday so that they can all sleep in on Sunday and she won’t have to leave the house to walk the dog. They can then come over later to see our place and visit with us and get Quincy.     

No comments:

Post a Comment