About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #1 – Happy New Year and Already Spending Money!

  

Monday, January 1st, 2018…...  HAPPY NEW YEAR!  As I mentioned in my last blog, I didn’t think we would stay up and make it to midnight. Well, I was right!  We watched the ball drop in New York and stayed up a bit longer and then crashed for the night. I had gotten a call earlier from my sister saying that the fireworks were starting early over in her neighborhood.  So I went over and got Quincy who is a very nervous doggie around loud noises.  We only had a few early shots off in the distance so it would be better here. We did get to sleep but Lydia had achy legs and so she got up and took some melatonin and had some sleepy time tea.  Quincy sat with her through a lot of the fireworks and with Lydia petting her it wasn’t too bad.  She settled down and Lydia did too and managed to get to bed and get some sleep.  So all was good. I did get up early this morning and get going. I took Quincy out for her walk. It was only chilly at 43º so I didn’t have to bundle up. Then I came in and watched the parade I had taping. I don’t know why but it was weird watching the Rose Parade from Oregon. We have always watched Bob Eubanks & Stephanie Edwards on KTLA back home.  Channel 5 is not available out of the LA area (plus Bob and Stephanie are retired) so we watched the ABC feed. Not the same! After the parade I turned to the bowl games.  Lydia always makes chili and cornbread on New Years Day and today was no exception.  Penny came over and we had a nice dinner and day. So, that was it - we just relaxed and enjoyed our day. Hope yours was fun too.  Happy New Year to All!


Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018…...  I started off this morning with a bummer!  My truck wouldn't start. I knew the truck battery was getting close to needing to be replaced and today was the day!  I took it out and put it into the back of the Honda only to find that the Honda wouldn’t start either! We haven’t driven it in a while so I’m going to just charge it and hope for the best. I went and got coffee and then went to Walmart and got a battery. I also had to buy another ink cartridge for my printer so I got that as well. I stopped by the dentist on the way home and made an appointment for exam/xrays/cleaning. I have a $100 off coupon at home for this dentist. Well, I went home and found it only to see it expired 12/31. I’m hoping they will honor it.  We’ll see. Meanwhile, Lydia had a nice long conversation with Treasa, learning about their new life and their new home in Springboro, Ohio.  She says it’s really cold there right now, with temps in the teens, plus they have snow.  We are cold here too but not freezing every day and no snow yet.     

No comments:

Post a Comment