About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #15 – Happy Birthday and Work has Started!




Monday, January 29th, 2018…...  HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANDY! We called him pretty early this morning to wish him a happy birthday.  Lydia sent him an Amazon gift card and Facebook message but it’s not the same as seeing him in person. Oh well, that’s one of the drawbacks of being far away…..
This morning the contractors (Tim & Dana) showed up.  It’s a cooler but nice day today and they started on the excavation for the concrete slab.  When I spoke with Lou yesterday I asked if he wanted any dirt from my job.  He said he has some low spots on his property so if I could have my guys dump the dirt in his yard that would be great. I told Tim that and he will have to talk to Lou to confirm that he wants it and see where he needs to drop it.  But for now, it goes out behind the jobsite.   

Tuesday, January 30th, 2018……   It rained pretty good last night and everything was muddy out on the dig site.  Today was scheduled for rock delivery and he was the only one we saw all day.  Tomorrow is supposed to be clear so they will be here to work.  

This was day one…



and the start of day two…





No comments:

Post a Comment