About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, January 8, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #3 – Hunting for Breakfast & Waiting for Visitors



Friday, January 5th, 2018…...  We decided to go out to Shirley May’s for breakfast this morning.  We drove out there only to find it was closed!  With Kevin’s closed for remodeling, we depend on places like Shirley May’s to be open.  No reason that we saw to be closed but they were.  So we went to the Korner Kitchen and ate.  Still a good meal.  Afterward, I took Lydia over to Penny’s so they could go to Albany for some shopping. I took off to go to Home Depot and Lowe’s.  I needed a blade for my table saw and wanted to look at some other things while I was there.  I got back and rested a bit then started in out in the shop. Lydia got back and I went out and picked up dinner.  Later, she called and made an appointment to go back to our doctor for a referral for follow up dermatology.  I finished up the day paying bills Yuuuck!      


Saturday, January 6th, 2018…...   The weather has been nicer this month.  We had a wet month but they say Nov. & Dec. have historically been the wettest.  We had a small patch of rain coming in from the south yesterday but that passed with no problem. Later in the day we had sun and rainbows!  But there was another storm that came in last night from the northwest. This one had a bit of wind but not much rain and still no big deal.  Maybe we’re just getting used to it now because it doesn’t even stop us from running errands. But it is really nice today!  I ran out to the hardware store and got a few things for some small projects in the house.  Penny came by and dropped Quincy off for the night.  Tim texted that they are on the road and doing well. They probably won’t get in till midnight but she’s ready!                           

No comments:

Post a Comment