About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, January 27, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #13 – Drapery Shopping and Scallops



Thursday, January 25th, 2018…...  This morning we decided to go out to breakfast.  We chose Shirley May’s Diner on the way to Albany. The weather is supposed to be cloudy with showers all day so we didn’t have any outdoor projects planned.  I have some painting projects inside so I decided to start on the accent wall in the living room today.  It’s a rose or dark mauve color and we have green on the entry/foyer walls so we’ll match that.  My job today was to tape off the space but we decided to drive in to Albany to see if we could find a window treatment we like. We found that Budget Blinds and Home Depot both have what we want. Both of these places offer custom work but we didn’t make any appointments for measuring yet.  We want to check out other places plus we still need to decide if we want to stick to the style we have or try something new. So, no taping project yet.    

Friday, January 26th, 2018……   After a nice (?) phone call with Sirius Radio clearing up a billing issue, we got started with our day. The rain is supposed to be off and on today so I decided I’d just go out to the shop and work this morning. Lydia worked around the house. My cell phone was on the charger and I missed a text that my sister was looking to come over if we were home.  We were and she brought Quincy over for a run. Later, they went home so she could feed Quincy and then we went over and picked her up and went to Albany for dinner.  Lydia and I had seen The Depot, which is a seafood place, and wanted to try it. It was worth the drive!  They had all types of plates but we all chose scallops!  Guess we’ll now have to go back and sample the others.    

No comments:

Post a Comment