About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Monday, January 22, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #11 – Football, Auctions and Dental Work Finally Done!

 

Sunday, January 21st, 2018…...  My sister texted me last evening saying she was not feeling well (from her chemo treatment) and might need me to come over and walk Quincy.  So, I got up early and showered and got dressed and ready just in case.  I was out in the motorhome running my DirecTV satellite tv box and got the text.  So I quickly headed over and took the Quinzinator out.  She sure loves her walks and even though it was sprinkling we had a nice walk down by the river. Once that was done, I got her back home and after a while headed out. On the way home I headed to the newly opened Starbucks and got coffee and tea to bring home. Lydia was up and had the soup items already in the crockpot.  She says it takes several hours and it sure got the house smelling good!  Even though the rains haven’t really started yet neither of us spent any time outside.  We’re expecting it a bit later…  Ok, it’s later and we missed the major part of the system.  We just got on and off sprinkles throughout the day and evening.  Lydia got her pasta fagioli done and it was sure worth the wait!




We’d asked Penny to come over but she’s still not feeling well and has no appetite or energy so we’ll take some over for her to eat when she’s ready. The rest of the evening was watching tv.  For Lydia, her taped shows.  For me, the two football Championship games (I’m not a Patriots fan so I wasn’t happy to see them win again! But I’m ok with the Eagles and will be rooting for them in the Super Bowl) and then the Barrett Jackson Auction that I had previously taped.     


Monday, January 22nd, 2018……  I got another request to come walk Quincy this morning so I went over and did that.  Overcast morning, but no sprinkles, just chilly enough for a beanie for my ears. We had a nice walk.  Quincy is so well behaved and knows what I want of her when she’s on my leash.  I don’t like the short 6 ft leashes so I bring Bailey’s (and Chimay’s) old 16 ft leash to use. We got back after a bit and I checked in on sis.  She’s had more issues with this last treatment than any of the others so she was still not feeling well. Before I left there, I called my endodontist and found they had indeed done the temporary so I stopped on my way home at my dentist’s office and made an appointment to get the permanent work done.  They had a 2:00pm cancellation (perfect!) so I took that and went back later in the afternoon and spent a whole 30 minutes getting that done!  No issues and the earaches and the tooth pain are both gone now.  Money well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment