About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #12 – Running Errands Plus a Start Date!

  

Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018…...  I got another text to come over and walk Quincy this morning so off I went.  Today it was rainy and I needed my raingear and waterproof boots but still, it wasn’t too bad.  Once we got home we dried her off and I went on my way. I stopped at Starbucks and got my coffee and Lydia’s chai tea latte.  Later in the morning I got the call I wanted – our contractor got the permit today and will be here Monday to break ground on our rv garage!  Yaaaaay!   I wanted them sooner but I’ll take Monday!  Meanwhile, Lydia had a nail appointment and I was bored so I took off and ran a few errands.  I had come across the owner’s manual for the spa and contractor info for the garage door from the old house so I put those in the mail today to the new owners for their files.  I have a watch I need repaired so I went in search of a place who could do that.  The local jewelers couldn’t.  My next stop was Habitat for Humanity in Albany.  I was looking for materials to build a hanging storage unit in the shop.  I found everything I needed for less than $9! Next stop was Fred Meyer jewelers but they were too busy to help me so I bailed. It was raining on my stuff in the truck so I gave up and headed home. Once I got everything unloaded, I came in and rested for a while.  Then I called USAA to check on the progress of getting our registration for the motorhome transitioned.  If you remember from before, I already had gotten the three vehicles registered in Oregon with no issues, but since we owe USAA on the motorhome, the Oregon DMV requires that the lienholder provide the current Calif. pink slip to them and they make a new Oregon pink slip and then will send back to USAA.  It’s unique to Oregon and Kansas and very confusing and time consuming.  USAA has a request to the Calif. DMV for the original and knowing how fast the Calif. DMV is, it looks like that will take some time!  But the fees have been paid and I can show proof if someone questions the outdated Calif. tags.  Plus, the motorhome isn’t going anywhere for a while so we’re good.  But still a long dumbass process! Lydia got back and did some work around the house before trying out the panini grill I got her for Christmas.  We made steak sandwich paninis with gouda cheese which were really gooda!  While we were eating, we watched several episodes of Guy’s Grocery Games, which we are really behind on and then Better Late Than Never before calling it a night. 


Wednesday, January 24th, 2018……  Today Penny texted me that she was feeling better and was coming over here to walk Quincy.  I met her outside at the back of our property and walked a bit with her.  No rains this morning but it’s really squishy out there!  Walt had warned us that all of the grass would be soggy up until April (or whenever the rainy season ends) so don’t plan on mowing for a while.  No complaints here! After sis left, we fixed scrambled eggs w/ham & mushrooms and had a nice breakfast.  Penny doesn’t have her appetite during the week after her chemo so it didn’t appeal to her to stay. Later, we both wanted to get out of the house for a while but never could figure out where to go or what to do, so we stayed home! I did go out and moved some things to get ready for the hanging shelf install.  I need to get some eye screws but I’ll wait until tomorrow for that.  So our day was very kicked back.    

No comments:

Post a Comment