About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, January 12, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #6 – A Small Day Trip and Losing a Great Friend

 

Thursday, January 11th, 2018…...  This morning we had some clouds and a little sprinkle now and then but for the most part it was just windy.  We wanted to trim up the lavender bush that’s outside our bathroom because in the wind it bounces up on the house.  So, this morning I went out and took care of that chore.  Believe it or not, once I was done the winds died down!  We decided that today would be a day to get out of the house for a bit.  So, we decided to go down to Eugene to see The Last Jedi.  We liked it! Afterwards, we stopped at Five Guys for dinner.  I think the two closest ones are in Eugene.  There’s probably one or two in Salem but we haven’t looked for them yet. Anyway, that was the adventure for today.  We got back home, driving through a little rain shower but it cleared up before we got home and everything here was dry.  We settled in and watched tv before calling it a night.  


Friday, January 12th, 2018…… This morning I took off early to go to Habitat for Humanity. Nothing on my list but I like to check in with them to see if anything of interest comes in that I can’t live without. Nothing today.  I also stopped at Burcham Metals.  This is a new place for me.  It’s a metal salvage yard, started in the 60’s. They buy scrap metals but have enough space to keep things that might be resold in the future.  The yard is large and I was looking for load beams for my racks in the garage.  Because I attached them in series, I have three extra uprights and only need the load beams to make another couple of units.  These guys had tons of load beams but they were super duty like Costco and Home Depot would use so I went home empty handed. I spent the rest of the day working on dismantling Walt’s old recliner.  I had stored it in the shop and decided I could dump it in the trash if I just took it apart.  I got the last of it done today. Later, after dinner, Lydia found on Facebook, that our old friend, Lee Hand, had passed away today.  Just Wednesday was his birthday and we had called him and talked with him a while.  He told us he was in the hospital with pneumonia and the flu.  He said he expected to come home in a few days but I’m guessing things went downhill pretty quickly. Sad times. He was a great guy and with wife Lyn was a past member of our camping club. We’ll get a card in the mail tomorrow.  Also, we’ll send get well cards to Jim and Ed as well.    

No comments:

Post a Comment