About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, January 19, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #9 – More Doctor and Dental Appointments

 

Wednesday, January 17th, 2018…...  We had another nice day, although the skies got cloudy and we did get a few sprinkles from a small cell that came through.  We’re supposed to get a good storm front with a lot of rain late into the night/early morning. I walked the property early this morning and there is still a lot of surface water in the low-lying areas.  The rest of the yard is still squishy. It will be a while before I can mow.  I did go out and start the tractor – or at least tried to – I think the carburetor is gummed up.  I was told to use non-ethanol gas which I do use but I think it goes bad sooner than regular gas.  I’ll have to spend some time checking it out.  No hurry though – the rains are still in the forecasts through March!  Lydia went yesterday to the doctors for a heat rash and also checked on our shot schedule.  She was given tetanus and pneumonia shots and she also scheduled me for today.  So off I went and got mine.  We’re hoping they will get the billing right this time! Lydia didn’t get anything out for dinner so we drove over to Skyline in Sweet Home and had a lite meal. Then it was tv and resting for the night.  


Thursday, January 18th, 2018……  Today was filled with activity.  Penny brought Quincy over before 7:00am and then she and Lydia took off to Salem for her chemo. Meanwhile, I took off and went to Albany to my 8:00am endodontist appointment. They got me in quickly and they gave me the local and they went to work. They then went through the process to open up my root canal and repair the leak.  The Dr. said that from the x-rays he saw no cracks in the tooth and verified that when he was done.  Everything went well with no other issues. He cleaned up the area and sealed the canal again and I was done! The work took about an hour and I was good to go.  That’s one less thing to worry about – if the pain goes away now! So far, it’s fine.  I stopped and got breakfast and got back and walked Quincy.  The girls got back later in the afternoon. Penny was doing well and took the pooch and went home to rest. We’ll see how she does after the next few days, which are usually when she feels it.  We rested for the afternoon and after dinner watched tv before calling it a night.   

No comments:

Post a Comment