About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #5 – Shop Work and Another Dental Appointment

 

Tuesday, January 9th, 2018…...  This morning I slept in a bit.  Lydia was up and watching tv when I got up. She fixed herself some breakfast and I got showered and then we went off to do a bit of grocery shopping. Afterward, she left to get her hair cut and I worked on my table saw project.  It’s finally done! 





The saw is now bolted to the table and the table now has grooves in it to use as a runoff for larger items.  I’m sure glad I was able to get a shop like this and to be able to set it up the way I want it!  I still have a bunch more things to set up out there.  But it’s a good way to pass the time and I enjoy it very much. While I was outside, the pest company came out for their scheduled round of treatments.  They put out a few traps for mice, cleaned all the eaves of spider webs, and sprayed for bugs.  This one was pretty easy – it’s not the time of the year for bugs and spiders.  We did have a mouse in one of the traps in the garage but never in the house.   Afterward, we caught up on some of our shared tv programs.  Tonight, it was Better Late Than Never – we love that show!    


Wednesday, January 10th, 2018…...   Happy Birthday Sandie and Lee!  This morning we woke up to a nice dry day!  The forecast today said rain but we never did get any at the house. Today was my appointment at the endodontist and it did sprinkle on me two times on the way there.  I guess that counts as rain today!  I was there early and got my paperwork done.  They did an oral exam and then took two different types of x-rays (one was a 360º type where the machine went all the way around my head!) and found nothing in there!  Seriously though…… they found that my 25 year old root canal has a seal that broke, allowing an infection in behind.  That’s what’s been causing my pain and even my earache! I have the fix scheduled for next week. All totals in, this to the tune of $1700! So much for not getting dental insurance!   

No comments:

Post a Comment