About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #45 – Picking Up Carol and a Train Trip


     

Friday, March 30th, 2018……  Today, after going over to walk Quincy, I went out and picked up a cord for one of the sliding door blinds in the master that broke.  I ended up at a window treatment store but still only had to pay $5.00.  Not bad!  I also bought some of the parts for the bbq.  I can’t find the quick release.  I think I’ll have to look online for that.  I found a repair line for the water spigot as well.  Lydia spent the day cleaning up the house and doing laundry. I got back and put the cord on and got that back up.  I added the repair piece to the line running to the water spigot. Problem was, there is another leak inside the drywall a few feet from that.  Probably a drywall screw or something, but I will have to remove a large section of drywall just to get to it. Later, we made the drive to Eugene to pick up our friend, Carol, who was coming up to visit us for the week.  We’ve got some things planned but more on that as we get through the week.  It will be nice to see her again. My sister went down with us and we stopped at Coburg Pizza for dinner.  It was delicious as always and Carol loved it!



After dinner, we headed back home.  We gave Carol a quick home tour and then let her get unpacked.  Sis went home, and we settled in for the night. Tomorrow will be a busy day.

Saturday, March 31st, 2018……  I woke up super early this morning and got showered and dressed and then went over and took Quincy out for a nice walk.  I had made Carol and I coffee before I left so there wasn’t much else to do before leaving.  Our outing today was the Santiam Excursion Brunch Train.  I had purchased tickets weeks ago so all we had to do was show up.  We went early to get my sister, so Carol could see her place.  We left and got parked at the Lebanon train depot and eventually boarded the train. The route is one we see every day and is used mostly by cargo trains moving product (mostly lumber) from Sweet Home.  But they do these excursion trains during the spring and summer months.  Today’s trip also included a brunch. We had no idea what to expect. Turns out they have a dining car on the train.  




We got spiral cut ham, quiche, cubed potatoes, an egg souffle thingy, veggies and fruit, donuts and coffee.  They had a car with a bar so you could get bloody marys or whatever.  The food was ok and the ride was fun.  It was a bit too chilly to go out to the open-air car so we sat inside at the dining tables.  It was a 1½ hr. round trip.  Just right. We left there and drove over to let Quincy out and then over to Trader Joe’s in Corvallis to pick up a few things.  Then we headed back to drop Penny off.  We decided to stop by Stick a Pork In It, our favorite local food truck, and pick up dinner.  That was really good! Then we relaxed for the evening and watched tv.  Lydia showed Carol how to set up Marco Polo on her phone. She got it going ok but she accidentally sent out an invite to ALL of her Facebook contacts who kept her busy for a while with questions!     

No comments:

Post a Comment