About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #48 – Oregon Gardens, Drs. Appointment and the Carousel


   

Thursday, April 5th, 2018……  This morning we got Quincy walked and then we all took off to go to The Oregon Gardens.  This is a popular local attraction and a place we have been to before. Plus, we went to the special Christmas light show there. We made the 40+ mile drive there from Penny’s house and went to go get our tickets.  This is one of the 10 places on the Oregon discount card I purchased for Ronald McDonald House. But when we got there, we discovered that the trams are only running Fri.-Sun.  I asked when they started that, they told me this season.  The ‘season’ started April 1st but I didn’t see anything posted online about it at all.  The place is just too big to walk, plus it was sprinkling, so, we just walked around the gift shop for a while. Carol took pictures around the outside of the place,






then we left to go get lunch.  We stopped at the Three Ten Water in Silverton and had a nice linner.  310 Water is the address so they named it that!  We drove back and took Penny home and then stopped at Walmart and got a few things. Then it was back home to rest and relax for the evening.   Later, I got a text from Dana that the job was off for tomorrow and that they would reschedule for Monday.  That wasn’t great news but they don’t pour concrete in the rain and the forecast shows some for tomorrow!

Friday, April 6th, 2018……  I couldn’t sleep last night and got up and watched tv until after midnight. I didn’t want to get out of bed this morning but did anyway and got showered and ready for the day.  Dana texted that they have the concrete guy on standby and if the weather clears, they might take a shot on the pour. Penny came by and she went with me to walk Quincy, even up the street.  She’s getting her strength back.   Later in the morning, Lydia and Carol drove Penny to Salem to get her last drain removed. They stopped for lunch and also went by the carousel in Albany to show Carol.  She really liked it and took lots of pictures….




They also got to go down to the carving shop....



I ended up hanging around the house today, resting and catching up on my bill records spreadsheet. Hey, you may not have to write checks anymore but you still have to keep track!  Never heard from Dana - I guess it takes a bit of coordination to get the cement order placed and the concrete truck and pumper truck all scheduled.  Hopefully Monday is the day....
When they got back, Lydia put the stuffed salmon in the oven.  Quincy had to be fed outside because the fans in the oven make her nervous. The meal was excellent.  We watched tv until bedtime.  I should say we watched different tvs until bedtime.  I went into my room and watched taped Mecum Auto Auctions and the girls watched their programs.    

No comments:

Post a Comment