About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Friday, April 27, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #58 – Walls Are All Up and Going to the Vet


Wednesday, April 25th, 2018……  I got up this morning and let Rylee out to do her business, then I played with her and fed her breakfast.  Then it was off to get my breakfast and Lydia’s chai latte.  That done, it was time to get the tractor out!  I did the area in the front yard that surrounds the flower bed islands and made the first pass around the yard (which takes me all around the house from front to back) and after that first lap Lydia stopped me and wanted to drive.  We switched and she did the rest of the yard!  She even drove the mower back to the shop for me to clean it up and put it away.  For the two of us total, it was an easy day, taking maybe 1 ½ at the most. Tomorrow we may shoot for the back field when we get back from the vet. Penny had a long-time friend from California, who has remarried and is full-timing in their rv and stopped by on their travels through Oregon.  She brought them over and we visited for a while.  Rylee likes visitors! We had eaten a late lunch today so we snacked for dinner.  I had some cheese and crackers and a bowl of fruit cocktail for dessert and I was done. I did spend some time on the phone with Bobby, my financial guy.  We needed to get the next progressive payment to Tim & Dana, plus I wanted to pull monies out so we can start booking hotel and airfare for our June trip to Hawaii.  Lydia also spent some time on the phone with her lunch ladies from SoCal.  We had already heard that our long, long time friend, Bev Hogarth, had recently passed away from cancer, and she got an update on the plans in work for viewing and services. 

End of day 19….   



Thursday, April 26th, 2018……  This morning we had a 9:40am appointment with our new vet, for Rylee.  But before that, I went over and walked Quincy.  Sis took her cab ride to Portland for her first radiation treatment. I got back and we got Rylee on the road. She whined a little in her crate on the way but it’s only a five-minute drive there. We didn’t care too much for one of the office girls but everyone else seemed nice.  Dr. Hiett examined Rylee and gave her the next round of her shots.  Plus, she got a flea and tick treatment. He pronounced her to be in good health and off we went back home.  Tim & Dana did an emergency window repair in the morning and came over to our site to work after lunch. No pics today because it doesn’t look much different from yesterday – just a few fireblocks and some more sub siding.  We have rain in the forecast for tomorrow but they are just a few small steps away from being done and then it’s waiting for the roof trusses to be delivered. Once we got back from the vet, we left Rylee home to rest up from her morning and we took off to Costco to pick up a few things.  We also ate lunch there (good old Costco hot dogs!) so we weren’t hungry for dinner. Then it was tv and doggie playtime till bedtime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment