About Us

My photo
Lebanon, Oregon, United States
We are Terry & Cathye Kinkelaar. If you've followed my blog in the past, you know that Lydia, my beautiful wife of 52 years, and I made the lifestyle choice to move to Oregon in 2017. You've seen my posts about losing her in May 2020 to cancer. Although I was left alone, I am pleased to say that I have found happiness again. In April 2021, I met Cathye, who also lost her longtime husband in 2020. Well, we fell in love and were married in April 2022. So, if folks are still interested, I will continue to post here as we move forward with our lives and adventures!

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Oregon Living 2018 – Blog #46 – Easter and Touring Around Oregon


    

Sunday, April 1st, 2018……  Happy Easter!   Today we had nothing planned.  My sister came over and brought Quincy so I could walk her here so I got to sleep in a few minutes more.  After we got back, I fed her breakfast and we played with her a while before she hopped up on our bed for a nap. We sat around and watched tv for a while and Carol joined us later.  My sister went home and we watched a couple more tv shows then girls went to get showered and dressed for the day.  But the day was spent indoors. We got a light misting of rain but it lasted throughout the day so we didn’t go anywhere. Each of us fixed our own light lunches because we knew we were having bbq ribs for dinner. Lydia had to put them in the oven because I haven’t found all of the pieces yet to get the gas line installed for my bbq. I did go online and ordered the puppy fence for the backyard.  It’s got 16 48” high panels and can be configured in any shape. I plan on setting it up right at the edge of the new steps I made so our puppy can ‘go’ out on the grass.  I also have to go online to get the in-screen doggie door, like we had in Long Beach so I can complete that project.  We only have 3 more weeks before we go get her!  Sis came over and we enjoyed a nice rib dinner, complete with mashed potatoes, cole slaw and marionberry pie for dessert. It was yummy!   


Monday, April 2nd, 2018……  Today was a possible cement pour day, BUT noooooo!  Lydia went off to Corvallis to her doctor’s appointment and I stayed back to wait to hear if someone was going to call. I didn’t hear from anyone so I texted Dana.  “We’re coordinating it now” was all I got.  I got upset and called and she told me the same thing.  I mentioned how I was feeling about it all. Finally, I heard back that they will be here on Friday morning.  Again, we’ll see.  It's showing rain on Friday…. Meanwhile, Lydia and Carol took off to go shopping and I spent some time working off steam in the shop.  Finally, I calmed down.  I’m still trying to get used to ‘Oregon Time’!  At least we know we have tomorrow through Thursday free to go touring around here with Carol. The girls got back and Lydia told me we needed to go out to dinner because she hadn’t gotten anything out.  We picked up Penny and drove to Casa de Reyes in Sweet Home, but found they were closed for a few days after the Easter Weekend.   So, we drove back to Lebanon and had dinner at Ixtapa.  Carol was amused by all of the signage they have but liked her meal. 




She paid for dinner as a thank you for having her up here. Thanks, Carol! Afterward, we drove around town a bit before taking Penny home and coming home ourselves to relax for the night.  



No comments:

Post a Comment